quick oil ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick oil ?

i just changed the oil,on my cb and i put 5qt on my h22. when i checked it where does the oil have to be? on the first hole on the dipstick or on the second one? mine is on the first one from bottom up.Thanks guys.

The first hole is the Minimum level and the 2nd hole up is the Maximum oil level

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
    sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
    bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

i keep mine in between both holes.

Comment

Originally posted by zacatecas View Post
        i just changed the oil,on my cb and i put 5qt on my h22. when i checked it where does the oil have to be? on the first hole on the dipstick or on the second one? mine is on the first one from bottom up.Thanks guys.
        5 qts and it only hit the minimum mark? it's possible that all the oil hadn't settled to the oil pan yet. let the car sit for a little while and check again. that amount of oil should have you well up to the max mark if not above a little bit.

Originally posted by i<3cb7 View Post
        i keep mine in between both holes.
        giggity! lol
        1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
          5 qts and it only hit the minimum mark? it's possible that all the oil hadn't settled to the oil pan yet. let the car sit for a little while and check again. that amount of oil should have you well up to the max mark if not above a little bit.

giggity! lol
          i agree. the first time i used RP i only used 5qts and it was to the max but for some reason this time its at the first line. i have no leaks anywhere.

Comment

i usually have to put around 5.5 to 6 in my H22 when i do oil changes for some reason. I have no clue why but it only goes to the first hole just like yours does. I've got an H22A if that makes any difference.

I thought they were only supposed to take 5qts, but I'm not gonna risk it, so usually buy 6. This is a VTEC performance engine anyways vs. a VTEC economy engine so more oil isn't necessarily too bad since it burns about a quart or so every 1500-2000 miles.

As long as you keep it between the two marks, you'll be fine. Btw, the distance between the two is about a quart if you didn't know.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
              i usually have to put around 5.5 to 6 in my H22 when i do oil changes for some reason. I have no clue why but it only goes to the first hole just like yours does. I've got an H22A if that makes any difference.

I thought they were only supposed to take 5qts, but I'm not gonna risk it, so usually buy 6. This is a VTEC performance engine anyways vs. a VTEC economy engine so more oil isn't necessarily too bad since it burns about a quart or so every 1500-2000 miles.

As long as you keep it between the two marks, you'll be fine. Btw, the distance between the two is about a quart if you didn't know.
              This was the answer i was looking for. Thanks. I also have H22A.Since i did the swapp this engine has not burn any oil as of yet. Had it since Jan.09.Got it from HMotors. Also thanks for the info and the inbetween the two dots.

Comment

Working...
              X