AN lines to repalce P/S lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AN lines to repalce P/S lines

Has any one does this before? just wondering if its cheaper the do than buy the lines it self from the dealership or parts store. changing the P/S pump and rack cuz they are both shot. and wanting to replace lines so there is no contamination of the old fluid ruining the new fluid. or does it matter at all? the pump leaks like crazy at the moment
    www.stl-imports.com

Referral: crx08

support the import community

my dad and i changed the line.. PITA.... make sure you dont mix up the lines...

you can flush the lines using honda power steering fluid.. i don't recall the exact procedure. but you can flush the lines.

if the lines look good i'd say don't replace them (I had to because they were all rotted out)... if they look good, flush them.

hope this helps. oh and it can also be a pain to get all the air out of the system...
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I've flushed the system out before. but yea going to want to change the rack also. and since that is out I could possibly re-do the lines with AN lines. just an idea. its a 20 year old car. so therefore the lines are probably 20 years old. don't know of the condition of the inside line.
      www.stl-imports.com

Referral: crx08

support the import community

Comment

Working...
      X