same ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same ?

what is the shortes gear transmisson and a f serries and hserries can be missed matched right

I'm not sure what you're asking, because the words you typed didn't really make sense... so, I'll just answer what I THINK you're asking, and you can let me know if I'm on target.

The JDM H22A has the shortest gearing (M2B4 is the one you want) The transmissions on the H equipped cars will have shorter gearing than the ones on F equipped cars.
    Yes, all FWD H and F transmissions will bolt to all FWD H and F blocks. The ATTS transmissions will not fit in the CB7, though.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I'm not sure what you're asking, because the words you typed didn't really make sense... so, I'll just answer what I THINK you're asking, and you can let me know if I'm on target.

The JDM H22A has the shortest gearing (M2B4 is the one you want) The transmissions on the H equipped cars will have shorter gearing than the ones on F equipped cars.
      Yes, all FWD H and F transmissions will bolt to all FWD H and F blocks. The ATTS transmissions will not fit in the CB7, though.
      he means gears in geneal.like take 5th gear out of the f22 tranny and swap it with the h22 5 th gear so its not all acceleration.and some top speed/gas mileage..and... i dont kno if u can swap them.sorry for the no help just wanted to clear the thread up so people understand..

my new turbo build

Comment

For what it would take to build a transmission out of random gears from multiple units, you could just have a transmission with custom gearing built.

Comment

I've wondered the same thing, actually.

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

what trans would be better for all motor set up i have 2 options its a M2L5
            or the M2S4 i want shorter gears wich one better

Comment

depends on what you build to car for. track? 1/4 mile? auto cross? time attack?
              www.stl-imports.com

Referral: crx08

support the import community

Comment

Originally posted by david17 View Post
                what trans would be better for all motor set up i have 2 options its a M2L5
                or the M2S4 i want shorter gears wich one better
                If you want shorter gears, pick the one with shorter gears. You know which one that is, don't you? Or do you not know what cars those transmissions are from? (I'm assuming that this post means 92smokeaccord was seriously overestimating the amount of thought that was put into your initial question...)

Comment

i dont know how to read the gearing is the higher number shorter or longer i dont know

Comment

What do you mean you don't know how to read the gearing? What numbers are you referring to?

Comment

he is referring to
                      1st-1.683
                      2nd- 1.308
                      3rd-0.976
                      4th-0.745
                      5th-0.576
                      (those numbers i just pulled out of my head)

to answer your question the higher the number the shorter the gear(quicker acceleration)
                      ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

USDM F22A1 92-96 Prelude S COUPE:

Diff Type & Tranny Codes:
                        STD Only = M2L5

3.307 1
                        1.809 2
                        1.230 3
                        0.903 4
                        0.705 5
                        4.062 final

5th gear 195/60 R15
                        70mph = 2782 rpm
                        80mph = 3180 rpm

USDM H23A1 92-96 PRELUDE Si COUPE:

Diff Type & Tranny Codes:
                        STD Only = M2S4

3.307 1
                        1.857 2
                        1.320 3
                        1.034 4
                        0.812 5
                        4.266 final

5th gear 195/60 R15
                        70mph = 3366 rpm
                        80mph = 3847 rpm

i dont no how to read this to see what one has shorter gears i can get ether one of these i want the one with shorter gears. i have a h22a4 with the type s set up 91 4 door lx

Comment

the m2s4 has a shorter(higher #)gear in 2nd,3rd,4th,and 5th
                          just remember that at 80mph you will be near 4k rpms so that might take a role in some things for you
                          ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Well, going by what I said above... you don't even need to read the numbers. The transmission that came on the H-equipped car has shorter gears. Basically, the higher the number, the shorter the gear.

The M2B4 would be a better choice than either of those. The H23's transmission has longer gearing than the H22's.

Comment

Working...
                            X