Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Octane Booster

does octane booster really work ?

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

no! its been proven to actually minimize engine power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jbcCr2ll3c
    Last edited by Chicano2005; 09-02-2010, 07:38 PM.

Comment

unless your car is boosted, you don't need it. whether it works or not... still all up to your speculation.

Comment

Boosting octane will ALWAYS harm performance unless you have a high-compression engine that can take advantage of advanced timing allowed by high-octane fuel.

Higher octane fuel actually has less energy in it per volume. The increased performance is realized by higher compression and advanced timing. All high octane does is suppress pre-ignition, ping, or detonation so that higher compression can be utilized.

On any N/A engine under 9.0:1 static compression, 87 octane will result in the best performance. If you're at really high altitudes you may have to jump up to 89.
        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

thanks guys. i had a dispute with a guy at college today who was dead struck on octane booster. now i can tell him the real .

Comment

it will also lead to deposits on your spark plugs.

the only way to get high octane fuel is to buy high octane fuel
            ____

Comment

As far as boosting octane, yes, it works... but as said above, there's no reason to use it.
              Even engines that are boosted or highly modified for N/A performance should be tuned on nothing more than the highest octane pump gas available (93 in most places, 91 in a few others...) Anything more, and the engine should be tuned on race gas.. which is very expensive.

Comment

thanks guys . this clears things up for me well. and deev you are the man.

Comment

Working...
                X