porportioning valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

porportioning valve

hey where is the porportuning vavle, fuk spelling hehe.

i was wondering for the rear disc conversion
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Pop the hood, follow the 2 lines from the master cylinder and u will see a junction where it turn to 4 lines. That "junction" is the proportioning valve.

PURCHASED NOVEMBER 1991. THAT'S RIGHT, I'M THE ONE AND ONLY OWNER. BEAT THAT!

Comment

exactly, and you need the one from a 91-93 teg with rear disc brakes.. you should also get the vtec lude master cylinder, while you have no pressure in your lines.
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
        exactly, and you need the one from a 91-93 teg with rear disc brakes.. you should also get the vtec lude master cylinder, while you have no pressure in your lines.
        90-93 integras...I know, I had a 90 integra GS sedan 5spd with rear disc
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

get one for the RS, it had no abs.......idk if it makes a difference or not in the valve. just a useful peice of info i thought u guys could use.
          Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

my dad has an 88 integra RS 5 spd 3dr coupe that has rear disc....just FYI

Comment

would there be any wrong doing in NOT doing the valve?

should i put the master cyl from a 92 93 accord?

i found it all for 100 bucks at the local junk yard =)

oh yea and it sucks 5th gen doesnt bolt up \= oh well found 2 4th gens
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...ight=rear+disc

that guy talked about porp valves, in that integras are 40.40 and accords are 20.25...anyone care to explain?

will i get better turn out with the tegs porp?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                  would there be any wrong doing in NOT doing the valve?

should i put the master cyl from a 92 93 accord?

See if you can find out if the 92-93 proportioning valve is different than your model year.

Check the same thing with the master cylinder

Comment

I know the F22a6 master cylinders are larger than the F22a1/F22a4 Accords on 4th gens. We have a 91 SE and 90 EX at home, I've bought both BMCs.

Comment

I pulled off hondanet to confirm
                      F22A6 Master Cylinder Assy. - 46100-SM4-G54
                      F22A1 Master Cylinder Assy - 46100-SM4-A04
                      When I searched Integra they say - Master Cylinder Assy. (A.L.B.), now maybe I'm slow but doesn't that mean Anti-Lock Brakes? And their part number is - 46100-SK7-A53

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                      where you been, is something wrong?
                      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

i'm running on the stock prop valve after my disc brake conversion and i can still lock up my 17's with 215/45 on the freeway. it's been over one year now and it's still all good. i'm even using the stock LX master cyl and booster. i guess it all depends on the condition of your existing equipment.

if i can find a prop valve from an integ 90-93 non-abs, i would put it on and give you guys the results, but for now i feel that i'm a-ok. i've heard that it's the brake booster that should also be replaced on top of the master cyl. any insight?
                        1cor10:31
                        - 92 LX coupe
                        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

well after my rear disc swap, and my front=rotor over hub conv, with lude vtec calipers and discs, i am going to install the BMC from the lude vtec too... so we will see if it is a diff size or not..
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                            i'm running on the stock prop valve after my disc brake conversion and i can still lock up my 17's with 215/45 on the freeway. it's been over one year now and it's still all good. i'm even using the stock LX master cyl and booster. i guess it all depends on the condition of your existing equipment.

if i can find a prop valve from an integ 90-93 non-abs, i would put it on and give you guys the results, but for now i feel that i'm a-ok. i've heard that it's the brake booster that should also be replaced on top of the master cyl. any insight?
                            what do you mean by locking up? i mean i know what it means, but does that mean you can do it more than before you did the conversion?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                            X