help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

i am trying to pull my f22 to replace it because of the previous owner blowing it up and i want to know if i can pull the block without taking the transmission with it? basicly i want to pull the block and just leave the transmission bolted to the car or atleast still in it. yes i know its a noob question but i have never pulled this engine before and i already have the entire top end off so all thats left is the block.

Wait a second...did you pull the head off? You left the block still in tho? Why?

Comment

it is easier to just pull everything.
      very complicated but I am pretty sure it can be done!

I would def not want to. Just pull everything, is a lot easier.
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

The manual recomends leaving the tranny in with an auto, but realy theres not a whole lot of room to line things up correctly, it might not sound like it but its easier to work with everything out of the car then just put the whole unit back in.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
        sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
        bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

thx guys i just wanted to know if it was easyer really but it is easyer to pull it all thats what i will do and i pulled the head because i wanted to see all the damage before i had to pull the engine and unfortionatly the valves got bent when the rod broke so it all bad and i dont even think the cam is any good cuz its worn

Comment

it may sound easier but trying to line the transmission back up inside the car is a real pain. it's only maybe 12 extra bolts for clutch line, shift linkage and trans mount....plus you can align the input shaft way easier out of the car.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
            X