Radiator Weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator Weight

Does anyone know how much(exactly) or can weigh a stock radiator they have lying around?
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

the radiator only ways about 2 pounds empty....

Comment

I hope you meant to type 20, and just missed the 0...

Comment

i looked at autozone and the stcok one is about 12 pounds

Comment

I deleted mine since I don't need it. You relocating to the trunk? Hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
            I deleted mine since I don't need it. You relocating to the trunk? Hehe.
            say what ????

Comment

Wow, this thread really makes me sad. Is this what has happened to this community?

Comment

^^ yes.

i had a oem rad but threw it out last week.

i no once she is full, its pretty heavy, plus with the fan (s), ades more weight
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

The point of this thread is to figure out if an aftermarket performance radiator is lighter or heavier than stock.

Nick, I have an OEM radiator for my hatchback, as well as a Koyo radiator for it. Both are empty, and out of the car. Remind me, and I can bring them over and we can weigh them. I don't have a scale.

Comment

i just weighed mine in at 9lbs but the scale is kinda inaccurate so +/- 2lbs
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

For the record my post was in jest. Hence the 'hehe'.

Comment

Until the question is properly answered, there's no need to clutter up the thread with worthless crap. Once an answer is given and accepted as correct, then feel free to make jokes.

Comment

11 responses with about 3 posts being worthwhile. Yeah, that sums up what goes on now.

Can't believe it weighs under 20 lbs. I have my scale Mike.

MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

I have an OEM out back that I'll weigh tomorrow, I know the aluminum and plastic ones are good bit light but not sure by how much, mainly cause it's in the car

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                            "The Turtle"
                            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

So a radiator actually doesn't weigh that much. We weighed a stock and a Koyo replacement one and they were about the same. About 12lbs. So even if Koyo's performance one is a little lighter, it's not significant.

MY RIDE

Comment

Working...
                              X