• Show
Clear All

engine rebuild??

okay so i feel like my car is a little slow and whant to freshen it up
    so were can i get a good rebuild kit ??
    i want to make around 300 so what should i do to make this goal
    also will be boosting after i get tired of that set up
    will be doing a 5 speed swap as well

you will not get your engine to 300hp with a rebuild.

You will have to spend a shit ton of money to get the engine to 300 on boost...it will involve rebuilding EVERY SINGLE thing from the block up. More importantly a lot of experience, a regular rebuild is a good idea to get your hands dirty before you attempt an all out build.

Even building to achieve a modest increase in power, say trying to get to 170-200hp, will require much more than just replacing old parts with newer/better parts (such as cam, pistons, etc)...it will require tuning experience and aftermarket engine management and/or ecu chipping etc. No where near a regular rebuild.

That you are asking this question means you have a LOT to learn (more than can be taught on a forum) before you can attempt that. There are a lot of good books out there that can help you to get started on the path, I am reading a few myself actually. i would recommend the following to get you started;

Four stroke performance tuning
    Forced induction performance tuning both by A. Graham Bell
    Engine Blueprinting by Rick Voegelin
    Engine Builders handbook by Tom Monroe

That is just a start...and over $100 worth of books. I am actually working my way through all of those right now.
    ____

Comment

thank you
      and am a fast learner and i have done 2 engine rebuilds befor but on a toyota 4cyl
      i guess i was looking for hints and tips on parts to use to get the power higher
      pistons
      cam
      rocker arms
      seals
      valve springs (port and polish)
      stuff like that

Comment

Originally posted by blazedealh91 View Post
        thank you
        and am a fast learner and i have done 2 engine rebuilds befor but on a toyota 4cyl
        i guess i was looking for hints and tips on parts to use to get the power higher
        pistons
        cam
        rocker arms
        seals
        valve springs (port and polish)
        stuff like that
        check out bisimoto.com
        2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
        VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
        VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
        The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
        August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

you're not going to find too much spoon feeding out of the beginner's section. look in the performance tech for tips.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
          X