Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF*** is going on ...

**car** honda accord 90 lx stock arse motor
    ok it started like a normal timing belt replacement. i brought my uncles car to my neigbor, (he has experience in this, dude changes his teg engine himself so i guess he noes something at least)... well he changed the belts and everything seem good the timing lined up and them the car starting bogging below 2000 rpm. so we mess with the timing and nothing still same prob. we changed air filter oil/filter. only thing we dint touch was the fuel filter cuz according to my uncle its only about 3 months old, and the spark plugs. anything else??. anyone noe whats going on.

**symptom** idles at 300 rpm.- shift to first and car stumble slightly and is sooooo sluggish till it reaches 2000+/- 200, then its out!. mad power. then shift to second and same f*ing prob. stumbles aroun 1500 til 2500 then 2500+/- 200 its out again. mad power. the rest of the gears are similar but not as badd. whats going on?... thanks in advanced guys.
    I Ain't cocky,I'm confident.And when u say im the best it's a compliment.!

sounds like he prolly didnt line up the timing like he should have.. or off a tooth or two on the cam. Did you try to adjust the timing w/a timing gun? I would try not to drive on it until you figure out whats wrong, cuz it sounds like timing is off somewhere.

Comment

yeh thanks guys i found out axactly whats wrong or was wrong. my boy left it one tooth out of timing. so i took it to my other niggas at their shop and he pointed it out for me and he did it in like 10 mins. so yeh the car is back to normal and im back to building mines again.
      I Ain't cocky,I'm confident.And when u say im the best it's a compliment.!

Comment

Comment

and hey h22sparkle where have you been? i havent seen you post in awhile.

Comment

I was out boosting and plus i was waiting to jump on a good thread, theres not that many good ones around anymore

Comment

aha i see...well welcome back????

Comment

Originally posted by EG-Si hatch
                yeh thanks guys i found out axactly whats wrong or was wrong. my boy left it one tooth out of timing. so i took it to my other niggas at their shop and he pointed it out for me and he did it in like 10 mins. so yeh the car is back to normal and im back to building mines again.
                I was just going to say your cam timing is most likely off and is too advanced I believe because I had the exact opposite, where my top end suffered and this was due to the cam timing being too retarded. This problem was caused by improper timing belt installation at the Honda dealer (of all people). This has been their only mistake so far, they must have let someone new and not experienced work on the car, or they rushed the job.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                X