what tranny fluid should i put in? anyone tried royalpurple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what tranny fluid should i put in? anyone tried royalpurple

so i have been told that gm syncromesh is good to use for tranny fluid, then i saw on tv "royal puple syncromesh", has anyone tried this?...... Or what have some of you tried?, and how did you like it? im putting a new tranny in and i have went through a couple using 10 40w cause i heard that was the best,but then wanted to try for myself a couple so i then tried 5 30w the gears were hard so i then tried a gear oil and 10 40w mixture, (i did about 1.1 ratio) i think that was the best but then i snapped my axle so drained the fluid when changin it and my dumbass looked right over that then i went on a 50 mile trip right ater and locked my tranny up. so no more experiments with a brand new tranny but i saw this new stuff and kinda want to try it so. Any thoughts?

Honda... or syncromesh if you want.

Comment

honda 100% thats all i use and its been great. shifts very very smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordcb7ex View Post
        honda 100% thats all i use and its been great. shifts very very smoothly.
        have you ever tried anything else? i have driven a couple cars that have had honda but never syncromesh. has anyone ever tried it? everyone says you can use it but never heard of anyone actually using it. and honda is expensive! but thats for sure the backup plan if i dont hear anything about the syncromesh. im a newb and im trying to try new things but im kinda wondering if i stop that considering i have been rolling my board more than my car in the last year.

Comment

i kno some one here will stone me for this, but here i goooooooooo

ive been using advance auto oil in both my cb's.

my new one, when i got it i drained it, and put new fluid in, 9 months later, i had to remove the fluid for my swap, when i drained the oil, it still was honey comb color, i dont really "drive hard", and my car shifts very well even with a lude oem shifter (throw is shorter and so is the height.)

now my old 3rd gen lude had royal purple, i didnt buy it, and the trans felt the same as the oil i had from advanced thats in my cb.

if you have the money for the good shit, go for it.
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

pennzoil synchromesh, used it in a couple honda manuals.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              pennzoil synchromesh, used it in a couple honda manuals.
              it helped with the grind in my old stock transmission, and I use it in my race car too.

better than honda fluid imo
              1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
              newer race video,older race videos
              1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
              1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Honda Genuine Manual Transmision Fluid. Thats it. 7 dollars a quart. Well worth EVERY penny.

Rip It Up
                Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  it helped with the grind in my old stock transmission, and I use it in my race car too.

better than honda fluid imo
                  mine too, still going 266k.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I can tell you what NOT to use. Don't use anything that's thick, like 70w90 or somewhere in that viscosity. Honda recommends their MTF which is around 10w30. I used Redline MTL and that royally screwed up my M2A4. I started to hear a gear whine in 4th, then it started in all gears. Eventually I found out my mainshaft or countershaft bearings went bad. I'm thinking it's because of the heavyweight oil.

So, my suggestion would be to just stick with the Honda MTF. Thats what I'm currently running in my M2B4 LSD trans and its been fine. If you have a grinding gear or whatever, man up and fix it, don't try to cover up the problem.

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I used to only grind 3rd, now im grinding 3rd and 5th.

Comment

not trying to cover anything up. trying to use the right stuff in my new tranny and thank you guys for all your input.

Comment

I am currently using Castrol Syntec 0W/30 and it is working great! Switched from Honda MTF and noticed an improvement with the Castrol.
                          Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                          Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

I'm using the Royal Purple Manual Trans. Fluid in my F22Ax 5spd. It was a decent improvement over the 10w-30 I was running before (3rd gear is much easier to get into, and the transmission is quieter overall). Based on my experience, I would recommend it, but I don't have anything to compare it to besides 10w-30.
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

i use 1qt pennzoil mixed with 1 qt honda MTF... it seems to work well, used it in a 24hr lemons race and 3rd gear syncro lasted whole race, and did not start grinding till the last 2 hours (this was a 250,xxx+ mile transmission with some bearings replaced)

but honda MTF is a fine choice alone.

I have used straight syncromesh and did not like it as much as mixing or straight MTF
                              Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Working...
                              X