Reverse problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse problem

When backing out my car in the moring the car feels like it wants to give out on me i dunno how to explane it but its like in the movies when the car goes "put put put put etc." when its just about to die. but mine doesnt die. its been doing this for a few weeks and now today it stalled what could be my problem ? this only happens when im in reverse

Is your car a 5-speed or a stick ? did you let your car warm up? if its a 5speed you maybe lettin the clutch out too quick with the breaks, just rev it a lil until your ready to roll checked your motor oil lately any vacuum leaks do you live on a hill do you have enough gas if the cars tilted or something.?

Comment

The car is a auto, the car was already warm, oil is fine and no i donot live on a hill

Comment

its probably as simple as the idle...how is the idle in park, and in neutral and in drive...what is it at?
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

sounds like the idle to me ... give it some more gas!

Comment

my idle is fine

Comment

whats the rpm?

Comment

My car idles a little below 500RPM, thanks to BustedLX for adjusting it.. but when mines in reverse it shakes a little and idles a little low but never stalls out. Most automatics do that in reverse. It's nothing to worry about if your car doesn't stall out because you're not in reverse very long.
                Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by Melt
                  whats the rpm?
                  600 RPM and i did try@ 1000 and the problem is still there

Comment

Worm moter mount maybe?? wait that when you get lot of vibration when in reverse, I have an auto also and my reverse does barely move intill I give it a bit of gas..
                    90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                    < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Working...
                    X