Code 43...what can cause that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code 43...what can cause that?

My car is throwing a CEL, code 43 for fuel supply system, and then it's running like crap. Luckily code 43 was listed here, because it is not listed in the Haynes Manual. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what can do this? The fuel injectors are code 16, so I don't think it's them, so it could be the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, or anything else fuel related? Could it be the fact that my charcoal can was deleted? I'm just looking for ideas here, since apparently searching for code 43 doesn't work because "43" is too short to search for.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...+system+supply
    -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
    if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
    Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

The only thing that suggests is the o2 sensor...I wonder if I can even get mine out, I have a feeling it's going to need to be drilled out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
        The only thing that suggests is the o2 sensor...I wonder if I can even get mine out, I have a feeling it's going to need to be drilled out.
        Do you have a front mount o2 or a under mount o2?

if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

front mount. I tried to replace the o2 sensor at 100,000 miles but it wouldn't come out. It finally did start to come out it came out a tiny bit, but it was coming out crooked like it was cross threaded and now it seems pretty stuck. I could always have a new bung installed in the header I suppose. But is that the only thing that will set off a code 43?

Comment

The only thing that i know of. If the o2 looks like it sounds (old) you should change it.

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Yep, I just have to get it out first...What are all the possible things that can remove a bolt short of drilling it out? I can use P Blaster, WD-40, if I'm really careful some paint stripper, and try to take it out with the header HOT, is there anything else that might help get it out?

Comment

If you have a new o2 already then cut the wires and use a socket and breaker bar if needed

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
                sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
                bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

Originally posted by 904drACCORDMANG View Post
                  If you have a new o2 already then cut the wires and use a socket and breaker bar if needed
                  How are you going to use a socket on an o2 sensor?

To the OP, if it comes down to it and you have the proper tools, i'd cut the o2 as close to the spot that you can grab with a socket, THEN unsocket it with a breaker bar.

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

they make special o2 sensor sockets.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      they make special o2 sensor sockets.
                      I learn something new everyday! I've always just used a big f'n wrench, lol.

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Wires were cut already when it was taken out of the original header and put in my ebay header. But I'm not sure it'll come out of the header with a breaker bar, it might break the header before coming out. Last time I tried it, the header wanted to twist before the sensor wanted to come out.

Comment

then you should get a new header.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

That might be necessary. I'd just hate waiting forever for a new one to arrive. Gonna try every method to loosen it I can think of though.

Comment

Let us know how you get it out, if you do.

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Working...
                              X