Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A IACV cleaning help needed

Hey,

Hope I posted this in the correct spot. Please let me know if I didn't or just move it. I'm looking for help with a IACV cleaning for the H22A. I tried to get this thing off as a primary step to fix the idle issue (no explanation needed there I hope), but I cannot get at the lower bolt to get it off as the fuel rail is in my way.
    My question is how do i begin to take the fuel rail off? Do I need to depressurize the system before I start taking it off? Is there anything I should be aware of before doing it?

thanx

no swivel socket or offset wrench?

fuel rail is pretty easy. just put a rag over the pressure bolt (the 17mm cap nut) and crack it loose. then about 5-10mm head bolts and it should pop off. unfortunately you're going to need new fuel injector o rings.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      no swivel socket or offset wrench?

fuel rail is pretty easy. just put a rag over the pressure bolt (the 17mm cap nut) and crack it loose. then about 5-10mm head bolts and it should pop off. unfortunately you're going to need new fuel injector o rings.
      Ya, I just couldn't get a socket down in there. Even the socket itself barely has the room to fit in there. Are the fuel injector rings to replace the current ones? (I'm assuming that they need replacing when you take the injectors off?)

thanx

Comment

yea, try to take them off with the rail or leave them in the intake manifold so you only have to replace one side. rmemeber to lube them up with oil so they slide in easy and dont chafe.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          yea, try to take them off with the rail or leave them in the intake manifold so you only have to replace one side. rmemeber to lube them up with oil so they slide in easy and dont chafe.
          I will give it a shot. I though the pressure of the fuel would be alot but it doesn't sound like it. thanks again.

Comment

you cant get in there with a 1/4 inch drive and socket? thats how i get mine off.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              I will give it a shot. I though the pressure of the fuel would be alot but it doesn't sound like it. thanks again.
              open the gas cap 1st then

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
                you cant get in there with a 1/4 inch drive and socket? thats how i get mine off.
                I'll give it a shot today.

Comment

You shouldn't have to do all that extra work.

Just get a wrench on there and get on the passenger side of your car and give it a good push down to break the bolt loose and your good to go!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X