Charcoal delete woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charcoal delete woes

I recently did the charcoal box delete for the very fact that it was spewing out fumes and it was broke anyways. Well if its REALLY freaking hot and my car has been running awhile, it wont crank back up and I have to hold the gas down to get it out of a vapor lock.

The real question here is whether or not anybody has had any problems with this before. I deleted the one my Civic and it fires right up every time. Every so VERY often it takes a little longer than usual but its nothing close to what my wagon does. And has anybody seen a gas mileage decrease by doing this? I dont think my Civic is getting the best mileage there is because of it but I just wanna make sure. Opinions?

this doesnt really affect gas mileage. it's all emissions related. if you capped off the red hose then i dont see why it is going into a "vapor lock"
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i just cut the metal hose to that canister underneath the car. on both of my cars. i use to smell fumes when the line was just open in the engine bay before i cut it underneath the car. both cars start up no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
        Well if its REALLY freaking hot and my car has been running awhile, it wont crank back up and I have to hold the gas down to get it out of a vapor lock.
        I don't think your problem is from deleting the charcoal canister, it sounds to me like your main relay. You can either get a replacement for less then $40, or you can desolder & resolder each individual component one at a time, in essence refurbishing it.
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
        X