stumped. engine still wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stumped. engine still wont start

ok, so a while back my exhaust rusted of. i had to let it sit for a week while i went on vacation. when i came back i replaces the exhaust and at the same time i moved my o2 sensor from the one header pipe to the exhaust pipe where the cat usually goes. (i suspected it was reading incorrectly on the one pipe verses after the collector) battery was dead so i rolled it down the hill and pop started it. car started right up, no problems. i drove it for about 4 blocks then it just died and would not start back up. it cranks strong but will not start or even attempt to start. i sprayed some carb cleaner in the TB to see if i was getting spark. i cranked it and nothing happened: no spark. then i got curious and took of a fuel line and cranked it. nothing came out: no fuel. i did some research and found that the main relay fails and causes no fuel, no spark, and constant cel. so i relaced the relay with a brand new one and everything is the same. solid cel, no click, no fuel pump wining, no spark. i uncover most of the wires in the engine bay to look for wear and didnt notice any. thermostat ground is still good. have i overlooked anything? i really dont wanna tow it in. i dont have a lot of money to spare. i'll try anything at this point. this has been a 2+week headache!! thanks in advance
    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

There's an ECU fuse in the engine bay that could have blown. Theres also another ECU fuse in the fusebox inside the car on the drivers side by the clutch pedal.

I had the ECU fuse (the one in the interior car fusebox) that blew on me a while back and the car did eveything you explained - no spark, no fuel, however the CEL didnt come on at all when the key was turned to the "run" position.

Either way check all your fuses first . Since it died out so suddenly on you i would suspect a problem such as a shorted wire that blew a fuse. Also check the harness that plugs into your new main relay - you may have accidently pulled a wire from the connector in the process of replacing the relay. Also make sure the connections are clean and good.
    ON_N20
    Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

Originally posted by ON_N20 View Post
      There's an ECU fuse in the engine bay that could have blown. Theres also another ECU fuse in the fusebox inside the car on the drivers side by the clutch pedal.

I had the ECU fuse (the one in the interior car fusebox) that blew on me a while back and the car did eveything you explained - no spark, no fuel, however the CEL didnt come on at all when the key was turned to the "run" position.

Either way check all your fuses first . Since it died out so suddenly on you i would suspect a problem such as a shorted wire that blew a fuse. Also check the harness that plugs into your new main relay - you may have accidently pulled a wire from the connector in the process of replacing the relay. Also make sure the connections are clean and good.
      i have checked and double checked all fuses. I also suspected the relay harness. All the terminals are clean and are in tact, but that is as far as i have investigated. I have yet to follow the wires further back and see if something else is damaged
      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

bump for suggestions
        2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
        August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

any other ideas before i take it in?
          2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
          August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
          X