Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What could cause rear camber out of spec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What could cause rear camber out of spec?

Had my alignment done 5/09. Right rear camber was -1.3 degrees and toe was 0.04 degrees.

Had alignment done 6/10 and right rear camber was -1.18 degrees and toe was 0.07 degrees.

So camber was out of spec both times.

How do I fix the camber?

I'm looking at all components, trying to figure out how to fix. There's no evidence of anything looking broken, bent or deteriorated unreasonably for a 1990 car.

I can get and install new upper control arms and also replace 8 bushings, but don't see what I else I replace back there (other than struts and springs) to solve this problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

I take it you are not lowered? That's the only thing I know of that causes camber to be negative.

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Correct.

Everything on the suspension is stock except for the front bushings which have been replaced. So I'm thinking something must be bent / broken.

Comment

Something is bent, broken or worn. Worn bushings or ball joints could possibly cause negative camber. Take a close look at the bushings and check if there is any play in the ball joints.
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

what was the left side camber? if it is at -1 degree, i wouldnt trip about it.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Right rear.
            Are the left and right sometimes different for some reason?

Comment

im asking, what was the left rear spec.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

sorry, I misunderstood.
                The L Rear camber was -0.1 when I drove in and when I left.
                The L Rear toe was .04 adjusted to .06.

Comment

okay, you can use the washer trick for the rear. i think it is two 3/8" washers under each bolt is about .5 degree. 3 or 4 washers is the most id go till putting in a longer bolt.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

Thanks for the washer tip. I appreciate that.

I think, cuz I'm wondering if there might be a bent part or deteriorated bushing in the original 21 year old parts, that I'm just going to buy new upper control arms and a new bushing kit for the lower arms.

That should tighten things up, is a good investment and if it doesn't fix the camber at least I'll know a rotted bushing or bad ball joint isn't the cause.

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                    X