Bouncing Idle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bouncing Idle?

hey guys. i looked all over and i cant seem to find the reaosn why my idle bounces so god damn much. when the car is at a stand-still (no throttle applied) it will rev to a good 1,000 to 1,500 and over and over again.

whos the culprit? iacv? tps? egr? or what? i jsut cant figure it out. i have recently in the past clean and polished my manifold, making sure everything wasnt dirty.

help a fellow out?

Michalob's CB7

I'd try adjusting the FIV
    Im finally back!

Comment

just take the time to inspect every single vacuum hose. thats what i did when my car was doing it and i found a slice in my hose where it was connecting to the intake manifold.

Comment

the throttle cable might be too tight

Comment

I was browsing the web the other day, and this thread reminded me of something I saw. I think your problem is simpler b/c I assume nothing has been done yet to correct it, whereas this fellow has...

Question: 1991 Honda Accord LX 2.2L mileage: 116,000. I have a same problem as listed in another posting, on cold start the car goes into fast idle mode and after a minute the idle starts to jump between 1,500 rpm and 1,800 rpm. I've been trying to fix this for a year. I've replaced the O2 sensor and PVC valve as you told the other poster to do. I've also replaced the Air Temp sensor (TA), Water Temp sensor (TW). I've stumped the dealership, as they find nothing wrong. I even replaced the fast idle valve and EACV! The engine has been tuned and I have no clue what else to do? After the engine is warm, everything is great and runs really well and car is like new after constantly doing the service on time. Scott

Answer: You have replaced most everything we can think of that could be causing your fast idle problem. At this point, the data stream from the engine to the computer should be read to determine the values of the various sensors on the car. In addition, check to see if the ground wires are properly attached and making good connections.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Working...
          X