bf good rich tires...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bf good rich tires...

gonna be looking for tires in the spring , ones ive got are still good, just wanna let them go, ive got them right now but looking to get them again, just wondering on peoples opinions here about them for stock size 195/60/15...going up to a 205 an option?

p.s. what a difference an intake and strut bar do, now my car has trouble getting traction in 1st gear holy shit!

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

i went with a 205 60 15...i have bfg traction TA and its was voted great in durability and handling and water..and by my terms...i can never skid in water as easy as i did before...i love em

anyways i went up with 205..but my spedo is off a few MPH....i say more rubber on the ground =)
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I stuck with the stock 195's and also went with the BFG Traction T/A's

They are sooo good in the rain, and great traction on dry, but fucking horrible in the snow. Why do you think my car is wrecked?

Comment

I've been using 195/60/15 Kumhos and I'm happy with them. Yokos wear out too fast and Michelins Energys are too expensive for my taste.
        Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
        2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
        2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
        2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

michellen energy sucked ass for me...had no grip in rain, always squeeled on turns etc...the sides have no grip...the bfg has good grip on turns though.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

yeah dont really want my speedo to be off, will a 205/60/15 do that?

Comment

BF Goodrich has some G-sport tires 205/55 R15 that would fit on stock 15" rims, those look like a good wet/dry tire for a good price.

$71/each @ www.tirerack.com
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-21-2005, 01:55 PM.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

how much would my speedo be off if i went with a 55

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                  how much would my speedo be off if i went with a 55
                  When I suggest tires, they are already the correct sizing, I do not bother with incorrect sizing to throw off the speedometer. The reason I knew this off-hand is because I was suggesting 15" tire sizes to my friend (aero3685)not so long ago and remembered these tires. I know how to calculate the overall wheel diameter. I have tire/rim table I even made up in Excel, for quick sizing info on my laptop at home.

So 205/55 R15 can be installed on a 15" rim with no probs with the speedo You get a 10mm wider tire with a slight decrease in sidewall height = better than stock setup.

Comment

thanks alot man!

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                      thanks alot man!
                      That's what I'm here for , no probs. Make sure you get them mounted & balanced. If your car hasn't had an alignment in a while and/or you recently lowered your vehicle, I would get that too and adjust camber as necessary This will get you the max life out of your tires. Also, because I trust no one, less I know them well, that works on my car (that includes the Honda dealer, they've messed my cam timing before replacing T-belt)...I would double check your outer tie-rod nuts and camber adjustments (if vehicle is lowered) and make SURE they tightened up everything. It's your a$$ on the road and just imagine driving 70-80 mph (112-128 kph) and having a tie-rod go out on your while taking a curve and having your wheel kick sideways causing you to wreck (it's happened before). Double check the wheel lugnuts were torqued down (to specification if you have torque wrench) = 80 lb-ft (108 N-m). We've had auto techs torque down our 87 Sable wagon lugnuts with a impact gun & they didn't finish out with torque wrench like they should and warped the front rotors by over-torquing the lugnuts. Needless to say, this caused vibration issues...a$$holes. Assuming you have stock front rotor setup (hub-over-rotor) still, this may not be so much of an issue, but still that's not the point. At least make sure they torqued down if you don't have torque wrench.
                      Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-21-2005, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I used Bridgestone Potenzas. 195/60/15. They lasted pretty long, had great traction as well.
                        "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

i go to this one site that reviewed this tire and it was one of the best long lasting and stuff...

as for spedo being off...lets say im doing 61...im really doing 65...not much...the grip i do like and the tire looks nicer!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

great info hondafan, thanks.

What's ya'lls opionion on Michellen(sp?) tires ?
                            2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                            JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                            My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

I thought they were good. They're the original factory tires. But they are OVERPRICED!!!

I remember when my buddy bought a new set for his 91 coupe automatic. I don't even remember how much he spent. Too much. So this one night we were following his brother who was in his 72 Datsun 510(so fucking nice). His brother starting swinging it, doing donuts and drifting n shit. So his brother was like fuck it, watch this! I was like OH NO!!! He cranks the wheel and just steps on it. He had that thing up to 6000rpm just spinning like crazy! I swear I saw chunks flying off. The whole time I'm like poor poor Michelins.
                              "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Working...
                              X