Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No start, Tried everything, even searching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
    a faulty main relay wouldnt allow power to the pump. he said the pump was working.
    Seems to me that it's hard to rule anything out, since according to him, everything is working, yet the car wont start. The only things missing are the results of a compression test, and verification that the timing belt is still intact, and that the engine is mechanically timed. I am interested to know how he came to the conclusion that everything is working, if he doesn't have fuel or spark?
    Looking to buy: IAB Solenoid, and vacuum tank!

Comment

a pump can turn on but may not be able to generate sufficient fuel pressure. injectors wont fire until there's a decent amount of fuel pressure. you can also have a pump but no injector drive.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

dont junk it. part that sucker out

Comment

Originally posted by CB7LX93 View Post
          Seems to me that it's hard to rule anything out, since according to him, everything is working, yet the car wont start. The only things missing are the results of a compression test, and verification that the timing belt is still intact, and that the engine is mechanically timed. I am interested to know how he came to the conclusion that everything is working, if he doesn't have fuel or spark?
          The car is at a shop being worked on right now. They aswell are saying that everything seems to be in order yet still no spark or fuel...just like the other 2 mechanics that tried to get it started. They have yet to come up with the cause of no spark no fuel either. Compression results are between 150-160 across the board. The timing IS set, and the engine is timed, no leaks, everything is intact, etc. i don't kno what u mean by that post but I do know what I'm doing. I came to that conclusion by testing everything with positive results, swapping parts with a running car that I have access to and the help of a lot of older mechanics that have been in the business for 30+years. I know a lot of shops in the area from work and they are saying the same as me.
          Last edited by Bongo; 05-25-2010, 12:17 PM.

Comment

My vote is for main relay as well. It could be that your pulling on the wires was just an unfortunate coincedence. When my main relay went bad, I was still able to get the car running *sometimes*. I would have to turn the key to the "off" position, then try to start it. Cranking it doesn't help and only yields a dead battery (as you've discovered). Try a new Main Relay.
            Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
            D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
            ┴─┴
            ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

It is not the relay. I mentioned in the first post that I tried replacing the main relay and it didn't start but still cranks. The original main relay is not bad. Yes I tested it with a multimeter and it works. Also tried swapping out one from the running cb I've been borrowing parts from, then after trying that, I tried a brand new one from work. It is not the main relay causing this problem.
              Last edited by Bongo; 05-25-2010, 12:18 PM.

Comment

$2000 for 3weeks of rental car is almost $100 a day...... Where in MA I am near lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                  $2000 for 3weeks of rental car is almost $100 a day...... Where in MA I am near lowell.
                  Yea I know that's what I'm sayin. I am near boston.

Comment

swap the ecu.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

What's the ecu?

Comment

look it up.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

look it up.
                          no need. I know what an ecu is, in the first post I mentioned that I replaced the ecu.

Comment

swap the ecu.
                            Originally posted by Bongo View Post
                            What's the ecu?
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            look it up
                            Originally posted by Bongo View Post
                            no need. I know what an ecu is, in the first post I mentioned that I replaced the ecu.

Well, I guess it's time to start tracing wires
                            Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                            D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                            ┴─┴
                            ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune View Post

Well, I guess it's time to start tracing wires
                              I asked what an ecu was to be a smartass. I know damn well what an ecu is. READ the post!!!! and the posts that follow it before you respond PLEASE! Theres no need to post up saying to replace certain parts, test systems, and trace wires when it clearly states that those things have already been done. lol I've already said that I replaced the ECU early in the thread. I also said that I have replaced the MAIN RELAY early in the thread. I ALSO TRACED ALL THE WIRES as stated early in the thread. These are not the cause of this. And they won't be the cause tomorrow either, nor the next day.

sorry this whole thing's driving me nuts. I buy a cheap reliable honda and I end up paying 2 grand to be riding my fuckin bike to work. Then on top of that it feels like I'm gettin the runaround from everyone that looks at it.

The car is at a shop right now so it's outta my hands at the moment. I am still open to ideas and help, just not ideas that have already been tried and posted.
                              Last edited by Bongo; 05-25-2010, 12:20 PM.

Comment

When you don't have fuel and no spark it's sound like bad main relay. I know that you have good relay, but have you check output power from fuse box to main relay? And from main relay to ecu. This is wire problem, i had that problem few times. One was ignition key lock, cranking but no signal for main relay, second one was no power to main relay from fuse box. No spark and fuel is no signalo to ecu or from ecu. Had that with swaped h22 because i did'nt have signal from imobilizer. Please take ecu pin by pin and check every wire do they have output positive or ground, find ecu schematic an check it. Also check wires to and from main relay. Again wiring schematic is the key. And (this will be wierd to you) put ignition on and take negative from meter, put it to negative on battery, now take positive from meter and put it on chasis (ground) then you will see if any positive wire in the car has contact with negative ground. If on meter is zero thats ok, if there is even 1 volt positive at chasis ground you have find half of problem, then you must find that f... wire. I had that problem to. Also check + from starter to fuse box, that may be the problem to. Too small positive power. Try all this and report it to us. Good luck from my heart. Don't give up.
                                No Turbo, No Fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X