Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No start, Tried everything, even searching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No start, Tried everything, even searching.

Hello all. So I bought another 91 accord lx 5spd sedan. Its got 14x,xxx miles and was running perfect before it shit the bed. First things first, there is a clusterfuck of wires under the dash and I believe this is where my problem started. I pulled into my driveway and took my foot off the clutch, foot got tangled and pulled on some of the wires. car will not start instantly after this. It will crank crank crank till the batt dies but no start. I checked under the dash and everything is plugged in where it should be and looks right (i have the factory shop manual) i brought the car to an auto electrition thinking it must have to do with the wiring. after a week he says it's not electrical. I bring it to another mechanic who keeps it for a month and doesn't figure anything out. The car is now parked in my garage and i've since replaced the DISTRIBUTOR, the ECU, MAIN RELAY, PLUGS, PLUG WIRES, CHECKED GROUNDS, CHECKED FUSES, CHECKED COMPRESSION(perfect), CHECKED FUEL PUMP(working). I've literally gone over every possible thing I could think of. But the wierd thing is that it's not getting any spark OR fuel even though the fuel pump is working and the distributor came of a good running 91 lx. The batt is charged and the car will not start with starting fluid either.

I searched and didn't find the answer. I need help guys I'm about to get fired for never showing up to work/being on time because I'm always without a car and have been borrowing family/friends cars for the past 2 months. I've been pulling my hair out over this thing and I don't have anymore money left. worst part is I bought the car 3 weeks before it shit the bed for 900 and put 1100 into it...so it's been a 3 week rental car for $2000 so far.

Any valuable help or advice is appreciated.
    Last edited by Bongo; 05-25-2010, 12:13 PM.

have you checked if the battery is good? and when you pulled your foot off clutch you said you felt some wires coming out? you should just check all wires arent unpluged.. sounds fustrating good luck though
    AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
    JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Originally posted by iwork4mycb7 View Post
      have you checked if the battery is good? and when you pulled your foot off clutch you said you felt some wires coming out? you should just check all wires arent unpluged.. sounds fustrating good luck though
      yes battery is good. And I just felt my foot get caught up but it didn't seem like any were pulled out. I spent about 3 1/2 hours upside down under the dash which led to me pulling the dash and checking every single inch of wire, every connection, every plug, etc. Everything is exactly as it should be under there now. And yes, very frustrating you have no idea. It is literally fucking my life up right now.
      Last edited by Bongo; 05-25-2010, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Check to make sure all wires are firmly seated in their plugs, they can be pulled loose without coming out of the plug. Push them all into their connectors individually. If that doesn't work, you're going to be spending some time with a multi meter tracing it until you find it.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
          Check to make sure all wires are firmly seated in their plugs, they can be pulled loose without coming out of the plug. Push them all into their connectors individually. If that doesn't work, you're going to be spending some time with a multi meter tracing it until you find it.
          All connections are plugged in tight, and in the correct location. I even checked every single pin of every plug and they are all intact, not corroded, and I have already spent the time with the multi meter...lots of time, and everything seems to be as it should. I've been using the oem shop manual for the car and so far I have yet to come up with anything. Even went through the troubleshooting guide and tried everything listed. Still no fuel, still no spark. I'm trying to avoid another tow to a 3rd mechanic, but it looks like it's headed either there or to the boneyard. I know this is a wierd issue...but no one's had this prob before? Every mechanic I ask acts like they never heard anything like it.
          Last edited by Bongo; 05-25-2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Hit the junkyard and buy an ECU. If it doesn't fix it, you can always sell it again. Could be coincidence, could be caused by a short when your foot pulled the wires, could be something else entirely. It sounds like you've done a thorough check of everything else, except possibly the ignition switch itself, Maybe a bad connection there lets the starter crank, but isn't telling the ECU to send fuel and spark.

I'm officially out of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
              Hit the junkyard and buy an ECU. If it doesn't fix it, you can always sell it again. Could be coincidence, could be caused by a short when your foot pulled the wires, could be something else entirely. It sounds like you've done a thorough check of everything else, except possibly the ignition switch itself, Maybe a bad connection there lets the starter crank, but isn't telling the ECU to send fuel and spark.

I'm officially out of ideas.
              Yea man I'm completely out of ideas also lol. My buddy has the identical car that runs/drives great. He's been letting me borrow parts from it and first things I grabbed were the ecu, distributor, and relay but no luck. :/ Anywho, to those that responded, I appreciate you're input.

I just called AAA and they're gunna bring it to "best mechanic in the area" #3. If it still doesn't start after that, she's goin straight to the junkyard.
              Last edited by Bongo; 05-25-2010, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Fuel + spark + compression and in time = a running engine.

Check through this list - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...05&postcount=1

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Bro, I litterally just went thru this. Check my thread. Atlease you don't have to push the car everyday. bro, double check everything. Determine if you have spark. Determine if your getting fuel. What are the lights doing on the dash on the "on" position. Does the battery light come on or not? Check all fuses. In the engine compartment and near the cruise control box under the dash on the drivers side.
                  I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                  Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  My coupe!!!
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                  Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

do you have fuel on it? lol thats wack you cant find a good mecanic, overhere is like a lot of good mechanics my mechanic looks all dum but his hella good at any mechanic job, he is just a lagger if he tells you it would take him a day or two means a week or two, any news by now?
                    Last edited by iwork4mycb7; 05-21-2010, 02:04 PM.
                    AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
                    JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

When you turn the key to the "run" position, does the check engine light come on (and the fuel pump simutaneously prime) and then go back off after a few seconds? If you have a solid CEL that wont go away when the key is in the "run" position then either A) the ECU is bad, or B) the ECU is good, but either not connected, or missing one or more critical connections. If you have no CEL activity when the key is turned to "run", then the ECU may be disconnected entirely somehow.

I just had a problem a week ago where my car wouldnt start. It ended up I had a loose wire in the same area where you said your foot caught a wire. It shorted to ground and popped my ECU fuse - the second fuse thats down in the fuse panel by your feet. Once I fixed the wire and put a new fuse in, my solid CEL went away, the fuel pump primed, and the car started right up

Dont give up on your car when your so close to getting it diagnosed. Let us know what the dashboard lights do when you turn your key to the various positions as this information should help us greatly in diagnosing your no-start problem
                      ON_N20
                      Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

and dont forget about your grounds! bad grounds or not properly connected, aka thermostat housing ground. check grounds!

also did you do anything with the dizzy? if you pulled it and put a new one in it is possible to be 180 degrees out. and not properly set.

not sure what else to tell you from a distance, these are the things I would check.
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

you need a fuel pressure gauge hooked up and check FP cranking.

spark tester hooked up and check that at cranking.

cam and crank should be syncronized.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Since no one else has suggested it, It could very well be a faulty main relay. That is located to the left of the steering column up under the dash. It's a gray box, with a brown connector. A quick way to see if the main relay is functioning, is to turn the key to "on", and when the C.E.L. turns off, (assuming that it does turn off) you'll hear a click as soon as it turns off. If you don't hear the click, then it means either the main relay is faulty, or that the circuit is bad somewhere. An alarm system could cause this. Also, you said that there's a wiring mess under the dash by the clutch. Is there an alarm wired into the factory harness? The alarm control unit may have lost it's power supply, causing your no-start, assuming it's equipped with a start kill. Mine has one, and if it's tripped, it will turn over all day, but it will never get spark or fuel. Too me, that sounds like it's the most likely cause. My recommendation is to remove the alarm system completely, as it seems to have reached the end of it's useful life. make sure to reconnect any connections that are interrupted by the wiring for the alarm, especially the black yellow big wire, which would be the one that an alarm would tap into.
                            Last edited by CB7LX93; 05-22-2010, 05:26 PM.
                            Looking to buy: IAB Solenoid, and vacuum tank!

Comment

a faulty main relay wouldnt allow power to the pump. he said the pump was working.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X