Lost.....need help about clutch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost.....need help about clutch problem

Ok here's the deal.....my resivor was empty the other day and my clutch got really soft so i put fluid in it and it was still soft so i bled the clutch and lost all pressure and never got it back....i replaced both the master and slave cylinders with no luck....the clutch pedal wont come up on its own and i have to pump it by hand to try to bleed it but no matter how many times i bleed it i still dont get any pressure....oh idk if this will help but when the car is off i can go through my gears but if i leave it in gear then try to crank it the car moves like the clutch is engaged and the pedal is on the floor....and i looked at the clutch fork on the tranny while my cuzin was pumping the clutch wit his hand and nothing was happening.....so idk wats goin on can someone plz help cuz i need my car asap.....thanks

F20B CB7!!

If you have replaced clutch master and slave, pedal still on floor and does not come up. It is probably because you have to bleed the system to develop pressure again. It is not a quick task, especially introducing those new components (more air into system). It takes a bit to bleed, just keep at it and do it properly. Use the clutch slave cylinder bleeder screw to get air out. Make sure to not reintroduce air into system, same concept as brakes. Have someone lift and push down clutch pedal by hand for you. If you have a one-man brake bleeder kit, use that.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-19-2010, 10:44 AM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i had exacly the same problem going on, just keep bleeding it for a good time until you feel the difference make sure your slave is working which if you said you go it new im pretty sure it does all you need is to keep bleeding it i wasted like 1 and a half dot 3 fluid bleeding mine, good luck
      AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
      JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

I had the same problem while bleeding the clutch by myself, pumping the slave by hand got me enough pressure to keep the peddle off the floor

Comment

Had the same problem when I changed my clutch...Do what southsidecb7z said, start by bleeding the slave by hand until the pedal gets a little pressure. After MANY unsuccesful attempts I realized I needed to use a jar with a tube on the bleeder valve. Done in like 10mins after that.
          short

This vid helped me, don't worry about removing the fork though, I didn't http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj1dMdYgRK4

Comment

You may have to bleed at the master cylinder first and then the whole system. What you can do to bleed the master is have someone pump the pedal a few times then hold it down. While the pedal is held down crack open the clutch line on the firewall right at the master cylinder. Repeat this process 4-6 times then proceed with bleeding the whole system normally at the slave.

Comment

fill the res first open bleeder let it gravity feed, then a rubber hose and put it on the bleeder and in a jar of fluid, then keep the bleeder open and pump it till no bubbles come out, be sure to watch fluid level. Just today, I changed my master cylinder and bleed it and was driving within 20 minutes.
              wat?

Comment

when my clutch line had a hole in it, it took me about 10 minutes to get enough pressure.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

hey thanx for all the help yall i took it to a performance shop my friend owns and he had the proper stuff to bleed the system...jus so happens i had alot of air in the system and the clutch is good now apparently i was jus reintroducing air into the system the way i was bleeding it....man i felt like a noob oh well the car is good now and im jus glad it wasnt something serious haha

F20B CB7!!

Comment

Working...
                  X