wire tuck? mild or full

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wire tuck? mild or full

i wanna do some wire tuck work on my 91 sedan f22 bay, either mild or full. what goes into it, how do i start, or where do i start?

Originally posted by 91hondaaccordlx View Post
    i wanna do some wire tuck work on my 91 sedan f22 bay, either mild or full. what goes into it, how do i start, or where do i start?
    start by clicking the search button and typing "wire tuck".

if you use ur car as a DD than i would suggest you wait till you have some downtime, or a few friends who know what they are doing in order to bang it out in a weekend.

its not hard to do, just time consuming.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

what goes into it, how do i start, or where do i start?
      What goes into it? Time.
      How do you start? Research on here and Honda-Tech.
      Where do you start? In your engine bay.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

if u never done anything near this i'd reccomended doing ALOT of research.....

ALOT....i been here for a while and still don't activally KNOW how to do a wire tuck lol...i know the concept but i've never done one because i'm a wussie and scared to fuck something up

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
          What goes into it? Time.
          How do you start? Research on here and Honda-Tech.
          Where do you start? In your engine bay.
          Hahhaa wise words from a wise man!
          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

As said above, it takes time.
            Have a read through the DIY on here (No its not a CB but it will give you an idea of whats involved) - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...light=wiretuck

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

well i did start by searching wire tuck. didnt get no answeres, thats why i posted a thread, but wasnt looking for smart ass remarks, which i got. sorr but its what i feel. i know its in my engine bay, i know alot of time goes into it, alls im asking is where do i tuck the wires too?

if i wanted a smart alick answer i would have asked eli, but im actually curious what comes first and what it takes, everytime the search button is used, i never get an answer, just more bs.

i dont want a full tuck as they say more a mild to clean my nay up a little this comes after prteussure washing my motor for a third time today after putting the dc header on a few weeks ago.

so my fellow cb members who can give me a pointer in the right direction? plz

Comment

Just don't cut WIRES it's not reconmended, I havn't and will not cut wires. I'm almost done with mine. I went full on tuck minus tucking the fuse box. I would suggest that you learn how to de-pin a harness. More time consuming but atleast you won't have to worrt about lose or broken connections.

My main harness is going to connect through the fire wall, my light harness is ran under the fender.
                Last edited by Darkcloud; 05-19-2010, 02:22 AM.
                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

well i dont wanna cut any wire's. i just wanna tuck some of the bigger connections to clean the motor up, my last jetta has a mild tuck and i liked it.

but the forum for vw, people always give there advice, no matter what, i like that. i have been going back and forth about seliin the cb to get another vw, but i love my cb, so i dont know, but i wanna clean the wires up a bit

Comment

To be honest it's easy to do, I looked up 5 mins of crap maned up said F#$k it and went in, I follwed CP Mikes way, what's screwing me up is a weak ass drill to cut holes other then that I would've been done. The thing is too it's like a puzzlw that you can design. However you want it to look like determines the outcome

GL
                    NEW CB

new

Comment

ok, do you have any links? or pics from him? or you?

and what part did you start on, where is the best place to tuck the wires too?

Comment

ok, do you have any links? or pics from him? or you?

and what part did you start on, where is the best place to tuck the wires too?
                        Here is the link to CP Mike's
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&page=10&pp=20

I started on the driver side, I re routed the main harness through the cabin under the dash on both sides, the engine harness will go through the fire wall and plug in, my light harness is routed under my fender's, as for pics they're in my MRT forgot what pages though, only have a few because I'm the only person working on my car. I'm rebuilding my whole car from the ground up
                        NEW CB

new

Comment

man that looks uber clean but so consumming, and a little confusing, i really wanna tuck a little but man looks like alot more than i could bargin for

Comment

It's not easy ...lets put it like that. It takes loads of time. You do NOT want to rush this in any way. It took me 3 days to do a engine bay resleeving. A lot of depinning. Some wires were cut. Cutting isnt a bad thing, just make sure you solder and shrink tube. There will be wires that will need to be shortened and lengthened.

I am doing the whole nine. My engine harness is pretty much immaculate. I will have to extend a few wires. I already shortened one socket. If you want a clean tuck, you want correct lengths for each harness. Less wires equals less clutter.

I want to ask you, why you want the wire tuck done?
                            This year has been "year of the cb wire tucks". I am redoing mines from mild to major. And with major, if you arent deleting abs, ac, vacuum lines and ps...there isnt much point to do it.

This is NOT easy. Anyone who says it is is full of it. Check my MR thread. See the process I went through.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Year of the tucks, I guess the years of the 9091 differ from 9293 since the 9293 have abs on some trims vs. 9091 that why I thought mine was easy,then again I remove ps and ac along time ago.

So in that case jdm inspired you're correct. I forgot about those factor's that you removed.
                              NEW CB

new

Comment

Working...
                              X