Hard to start when cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to start when cold

Well, I've been having some troubles getting my car to start when I first go to start it. It doesn't matter how hot or cold it is outside, just when it's first firing up. It cranks for a couple of seconds and kicks over and runs fine. But If I were to shut it off, it'll fire up in less than a second. When I do start it up for the first time, I get a strong fuel-ish smell from my exhaust, other than that, completely normal. I've heard from a friend of mine that it might be either the fuel filter or the pump itself, but I had just replaced the filter (what a nightmare that was) and the pump is working fine too. Any thoughts on what it could be?

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

....nothing?!

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

Could be your injectors leaking or bad spark plugs , spark plug wires , distributor cap and rotor also.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

im having the same problem with mine. but sometimes when i restart mine after driving it it cranks fires up but then cuts off and takes a couple of minutes to start

You can not hurt me, I have my helmet on

Comment

Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
          Could be your injectors leaking or bad spark plugs , spark plug wires , distributor cap and rotor also.
          Well, I just traded my TV for a complete tune-up not more than a couple months ago. New plugs, cap and rotor. I've got 8-gauge NGK wires that should still be good. I haven't had them on there very long.

Comment

Originally posted by 2lowcb7 View Post
            im having the same problem with mine. but sometimes when i restart mine after driving it it cranks fires up but then cuts off and takes a couple of minutes to start
            That sounds like your main relay. I believe it is pretty common on these cars.

Comment

cars are just cars....proper maintainence is always assist in making your vehicle running in tip top shape
              VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
              1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
              MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Had the same problem b4. Turned out that the fuel injector are pretty gunked up with carbon from the combustion chamber. Pull them all out, sent it for cleaning and flow testing, put them back in. Since then it's been starting like a champ everytime you turn on the ignition.

Comment

It could be anything.
                  Mine turn out to be the battery and alternator...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

So how do I test and find out what it might be?

Comment

Working...
                    X