Cant seem to get the car started after hooking up VAFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant seem to get the car started after hooking up VAFC

I hooked up my Vafc but The shit wont start It started before BUt it wasnt getting a throttle signal reading. Now when I check the connections I splice connected the wiring to the pinouts on each ecu then I did what the book told me to do still it cranks the shit just wont stay on it sputters out wtf? :wtf:

Re: Cant seem to get the car started after hooking up VAFC

Originally posted by h22sparkle
    I hooked up my Vafc but The shit wont start It started before BUt it wasnt getting a throttle signal reading. Now when I check the connections I splice connected the wiring to the pinouts on each ecu then I did what the book told me to do still it cranks the shit just wont stay on it sputters out wtf? :wtf:
    You have two threads going on about this and I'm tring to put both together to understand the problem.

So what you are saying is that since your installation of the V-AFC you can not get the car to start, then you removed the V-AFC and now it starts but runs poorly?

The V-AFC goes installed inline with quick-disconnect connectors, the only thing you should be splicing is power and ground. So in theory when you remove the V-AFC it's as if it where never installed and realisticly when installed it's transparent to the ECU. The ECU doesn't know it's there.

I think your problem is in your installation. It's probably something foolish staring you right in the face. Just take a breather and look it over again.

What do you mean it started and didn't get a throttle reading?
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Okay the car started but then it sputtered out with the Vafc plugged in. On the other hand when i disconnected it starts and runs like new I cant put my finger on it Im doin what the booklet told me still the same shit. It got a throttle reading before and all that but now its like its really rebelling against me for some odd reason I have counted the pinouts ive done just about everything it told me too I made sure they have good connection I cant put my finger on it though?
      Last edited by h22sparkle; 11-15-2003, 09:03 PM.

Comment

I can't remember if the V-AFC asks for the TPS signal or VSS signal input. I've installed a few Field's controllers and they all needed the VSS so that might be something to look at.

What about your initail settings? I know the instructions tell you to do some initial settings before starting the car, did you do that?
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

yeah it says on the sensor what kind you put in 6 in and 6 out. Then it says what cylinder car I put 4 and it has this throttle curor thingy i left it up pointing in the up position. And it tells you to let it learn the throttle curve from it being at closed and at wot for 10 second I started the car up and it shut off

Comment

on an cb7 it should be pressure sensor (map)

Have you done a sensor check on the V-AFC, it should be on etc. mode, you only see the Maps voltage and the Thottle voltage. knock and 2nd sensor are not uss on an cb7.

And You should be able to see the thottle percentage in monitor mode without even starting the car, you can check to see if your wiring is connect by turning the key to the on pos, and go to monitor mode and depress the pedal a few time, it should increase from 0-100% , if it does not check your wiring.

I was using the Apexi SAFC II, so if you have another brand don't know if these info are helpful or not
            90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
            < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

I connected it to it and it does read out from zero to 100 as for the pressure percentage it says 0.020 and when i push down the throttle it goes up only a little bit

Comment

for the presure sensor voltage, I think it should be a bigger in voltage, since the ECU will though cel code when it see 3.0v from the map sensor. so you should be getting from 0-1volt at least. Then again, I'm still new to AFC stuff too, so hopefully someone else can get you a better Idea.

Have you check the air flow monitor option also, my is around 10-17 at 30-40% throttle
                90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

you got pm

Comment

Working...
                  X