Vibrating noise when car is off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibrating noise when car is off?

So theres this light buzzing/vibrating noise after i turn my car off and be sitting there i will hear it
    it is coming from the rear i think its the fuel pump but it doesnt sound like it
    it stays on for about 5 seconds stops for about 15 seconds then does it again
    WHILE my car is off and the keys out of the ignition
    im not sure what it is but it concerns me
    please comment on what it could be or if your cb7 does it
    -Tyler

Haha.. I bet it's your antenna motor.

Either that, or a midget with a dildo in the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
      Haha.. I bet it's your antenna motor.

Either that, or a midget with a dildo in the trunk.
      Hahaha, odly enough, mine does basically the same thing. its a faint buzzing/humming noise... i cant pinpoint it, but mine kina sounds like its coming from the engine bay, like a relay or something.

Comment

hah thats funny i was thinkin at least SOMEONE would have the same noise
        it might be the antenna motor, but my antenna isnt hooked up...
        and it does it more than twice
        -Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by tm123 View Post
          hah thats funny i was thinkin at least SOMEONE would have the same noise
          it might be the antenna motor, but my antenna isnt hooked up...
          and it does it more than twice
          Could be a couple things. Blower motor slowing down, antenna motor trying to retract the antenna (that's if ur still works lol) Fuel pump turning off (hard to hear tho).

Next time before u shut the car off, pop the hood and have someone listen for it. I dont believe it's anything to be worried about, unless ur having electrical or performance issues. good luck

Comment

thanks man
            im not havin any problems only that i am getting crappy gas mileage
            and this is why i posted the question cuz i thought it was my fuel pump pumpin fuel when my car was off wastin my gas
            but there isnt any problems drives fine i jus need to do some things to make my gas mileage better a 5 speed swap would help lol
            -Tyler

Comment

mine did that after i replaced the motor after the first start when i turned off the car i heard like a humming noise but it was coming from the intake so decided to just feel around the intake to see if i could feel any vibration and the only thing i felt vibrating was the IACV and it stopped, but like johnz826 said pop your hood open and check
              good luck
              CB7_HULK SMASH!!!

Comment

well i pinpointed it
                the noise is comin from the fuel pump area
                stays on and off at least 5 minutes after my car is off
                is this a faulty fuel pump? or electrical
                -Tyler

Comment

I know the sound you are talking about. Mine does the same thing and it's been doing it for over 7 years so I wouldn't worry about it. I always assumed it was just the fuel system purging itself after shut down or something.

Comment

well im kinda worried about it
                    i get horrible mpg and i think this is causing it
                    one time i had a half tank when i went to bed and woke up with little more than a quarter
                    -Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by tm123 View Post
                      well im kinda worried about it
                      i get horrible mpg and i think this is causing it
                      one time i had a half tank when i went to bed and woke up with little more than a quarter
                      Sleep-driving?

Comment

Antennae motor working. Even if it's not going up and down the motor often keeps working. On my car, after a day of driving in really hot weather I've observed my radiator fans working a good 5 mins after I turn the car off.
                        Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                        D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                        ┴─┴
                        ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

nope not the antenna i put my hand on it and it didnt make a noise or anything
                          im just gonna change the fuel pump and see if it still does it...
                          -Tyler

Comment

forreal
                            mines the only accord on this whole website that does it how convenient
                            -Tyler

Comment

my 6th gen does that. idk what it is. 4th gen has never done it.

i've heard it do it once an hour before. or just randomly hours after i've driven it.

i'm thinking it has no effect on gas mileage, i get pretty good gas mileage.

i've noticed it really only does it when it's hot outside. it could be some sort of fuel pressure relief, but that's just a guess. later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                              X