need help with starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with starting

iok, when i go to start my car i crank it and it cranks and cuts off.

only if i crank it and give it gas will it catch and start.
    anyone have any idea what might be going on?

fuel pressures at 38-39psi with car running

thanks.
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Hey Theo , is this after the walbro fuel pump install ?? it seem some how fuel is not enough getting to the engine? or not enough pressure, don't know. does it do it on every time after you turn off the engine and restart or only when it a cold start??
    90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
    < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

yeah, i dont have the pump installed yet but thats what it does.
      even if the cars warmed up if i turn it off and try to turn it back on it doesnt crank.
      i have to turn it and as soon as it cranks a little give it some gas.
      NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

check your plugs fuelpump relay, check for spark what kinda gas did u use, its supposed to be at 41psi at idle and 42 at wot

Comment

found out what it might be....

reading the hanyes book, it said something about the TB gasket.

it said leakage between the intake manifold and the throttle body can cause it to do that.
          well when i change my Tb i didn put a gasket in between the 2 so im guessing thats it, ill see tomorrow when the stores open so i can get one.

but for fuel i use 93 and with the vacuum hose off the FPR it read 43-43psi on its more like 38-40psi
          so ill see tomorrow once i buy the TB gasket.
          Thanks
          Theo-
          NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

problem solved...

got the gasket but now another problem

how can i get the idle down, its at 1900-2000 rpm, like its ready to race all the time

i did the throttle body screw, all that did was make the throttle response slower and faster and made the engine either quiter or louder. but it still idled at 2000 reguardless.

so what can i do to drop the idling?
            NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

check ur deflection for ur gas cable in the engine..u know that cable that goes around the throttle rotor...check that deflection aand make sure its in spec...

so ur saying that turning down the idle screw didnt change ur idle?
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yeah thats what im saying....it didnt change the idle at all, it just made the throttel stronger or not and the engine got quiter or louder.

but ur right, thatsa what it is....the cables sticking
                i pushed it back and the idle went down.

it might be the washer on the throttle rotor, i took it off a minute ago when i was tryna put my gasket and the throttle rotor back on, so thats what it is..
                thanks for the help.
                NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

thats what it was....throttle sticking.

i sprayed it with lubricant and put a new washer on it, now it idles at 900-850

thanks for the help
                  NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Working...
                  X