92 F22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 F22

Everything is stock in the car except catback exhaust and new header. When i went to replace the spark plugs and pulled the first one out, it was covered in oil the threads and everything, i checked my oil and its fine, do i need to replace my piston rings or what. Also if anyone could help me in locating the Idle Air control valve that would help too, cause my car will idle but rev to 2,000 RPMs then back down to 1,000 then right back up to 2,000 and keeps doing this.

Take pics I love pics. I think thats how it should be. Well mine when i changed them it was like burnt lik ea crisp!

Comment

refer to this post:

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...382#post155382

use the search button....but anyway that pist has some pics

http://www.hondapitstop.com/accord/t...le_adjust.html

theres the link to the DIY with detailed instructions
      Im finally back!

Comment

Originally posted by 92Acco
        Everything is stock in the car except catback exhaust and new header. When i went to replace the spark plugs and pulled the first one out, it was covered in oil the threads and everything, i checked my oil and its fine, do i need to replace my piston rings or what. Also if anyone could help me in locating the Idle Air control valve that would help too, cause my car will idle but rev to 2,000 RPMs then back down to 1,000 then right back up to 2,000 and keeps doing this.
        Your motor is shot dude, you should junk your car and/or sell it to me if it's rust-free and body is in good shape. I just need a shell anyways.

Just kidding. You're getting oil because these O-rings under your rocker arm assembly are prolly shot/worn. Especially the one by cylinder #2 tends to go bad first because of that oil passageway. Anyways, there is a DIY that Accorddiante or something like that wrote....I'll see if I can find it and/or you look in the DIY section for something like spark plug tube seal replacement.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

found the DIY

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=9300

also buy your parts from the Honda dealer and/or www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

whichever is cheaper & remember the online Honda site charges $5 handling + shipping, so consider that into your total price quote, go with the cheapest route....your still getting Honda OEM parts either or
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

There's a link in my sig, or look HERE.
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Working...
            X