Is my slave cylinder bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my slave cylinder bad?

Ok here's the deal, I was coming back from getting a burger and fries and about half way back, my CB7 was getting hard to shift into any gear. I pulled over and I seen that my clutch fluid was low so I filled it back up and pumped the hell out of it, but it was still hard to go into any gear but I was able to get it into second and cruise home since I was right down the street. I bleed the clutch fluid today, I used an extra can of break fluid to catch the fluid I was bleeding by using a hose on to the bleed screw. I bleed it like ten times, I pumped until the pedal was tight again, but it never got nice and tight like it was. The slave cylinder moves but im not sure if its moving all the way out like it should because I still cant shift into any gear, and im not sure how much it should come out any way and the boot on the cylinder is a little busted as well. Whats going on here? Do you think it could be the master cylinder?

Will's Accord

It sounds like your master cylinder, do you have to keep putting fluid in it? (is it leaking?)

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      It sounds like your master cylinder, do you have to keep putting fluid in it? (is it leaking?)
      Maybe about every month and a half.

Will's Accord

Comment

Originally posted by wills_accord View Post
        Maybe about every month and a half.
        You said the cylinder was a little busted as well. What did you mean by this?
        If you pump multiple times and then try to shift, does this work?

I would have someone stand over the engine bay, look at the tranny and check if the clutch release lever is moving when you push on the clutch pedal. If its not, then your master cylinder isn't doing its job or you have a bad line between it and the tranny release lever. Start with this anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          You said the cylinder was a little busted as well. What did you mean by this?
          If you pump multiple times and then try to shift, does this work?

I would have someone stand over the engine bay, look at the tranny and check if the clutch release lever is moving when you push on the clutch pedal. If its not, then your master cylinder isn't doing its job or you have a bad line between it and the tranny release lever. Start with this anyways.

That looks like a cable tranny in that pic, I got a slave cylinder and a master cylinder form the junk yard wich was working fine, because I tested it and the slave cylinder moved just fine and the boot was in real good condition, I put everything on the car and I'm still having problems, think I gotta work on bleeding some more, could someone explain
          Last edited by wills_accord; 04-12-2010, 10:56 AM.

Will's Accord

Comment

Should check the manual, and do some searches.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=bleed+clutch

Comment

look underneath the clutch pedal, where the master clutch cylinder is attached to the pedal. if u c fluid leaking. get the master cylinder replaced. i also suggest u should replace the slave as well. when one of them goes out. get the other replaced as well. dont have the answer y but this is what the dealership told me when they told me that my master was bad.
              although i only told them to replace my master because at the time, i didnt have enough money for both. 2 weeks later my slave went out.

Comment

I had the same problem bro I had to pump my clutch for it to go into gear and had to keep filling up my container and I swapped the slave and its great nowww! Only paid 21$ for it and like 20 minutes to change its super easy.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
                My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

both should be replaced, it never fails for one to go out shortly after the other if you dont replace both.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                  member ride thread
                  11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                  DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                  People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                  I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                  John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

What's your process for bleeding the slave? What I've found to work best (tiring but works amazing, and you will need a second person) is pumping the clutch 50 times. Then, while holding the clutch pedal to the floor, open the bleed screw for a quick second and tighten it. Do this several times, until the clutch pedal feels like it used to. If it doesn't, then you definitely have a problem somewhere in the system. And yes, 50 times seems ridiculous, but it works amazing!

'92 Accord DX

Comment

Originally posted by CiNCitYCB7 View Post
                      What's your process for bleeding the slave? What I've found to work best (tiring but works amazing, and you will need a second person) is pumping the clutch 50 times. Then, while holding the clutch pedal to the floor, open the bleed screw for a quick second and tighten it. Do this several times, until the clutch pedal feels like it used to. If it doesn't, then you definitely have a problem somewhere in the system. And yes, 50 times seems ridiculous, but it works amazing!
                      After I pump and hold, do I open the bleeder to let out all of the pressure or just let a little out and close it real quick?

Will's Accord

Comment

Originally posted by wills_accord View Post
                        After I pump and hold, do I open the bleeder to let out all of the pressure or just let a little out and close it real quick?
                        With the pedal held to the floor, open it and only let a little out, kind of quick. Your goal here is to get the air out, but not let all the fluid come out as you'll be then letting air in. Make sure to keep the resevoir full while doing. Repeat about 10 times until there is no more air and check your pedal.

Comment

Working...
                        X