No announcement yet.

very very low idle speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the reply, but how does it affect gas mileage? hah, i totally feel stoopid. But is there a way i can set it back to factory settings? will affect the pedal feel / throttle response? maybe that's why i've been gettin super bad gas mileage. someone help me!
    BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Originally posted by cokinut
      thanks for the reply, but how does it affect gas mileage? hah, i totally feel stoopid. But is there a way i can set it back to factory settings? will affect the pedal feel / throttle response? maybe that's why i've been gettin super bad gas mileage. someone help me!
      well yeah when you adjust your throttle cable your rpms will fly off the roof and it will stay like that i heard that you should not adjust it cause it will effect your gas milage but if you want to find out for your self just by checking your gas milage . trust me you will see a big difference.

Comment

Okay after adjusting my throttle screw the idle is still way to high. What else can i do to lower the idle?
        R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
        My members ride page
        Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

to tell you honostly,you would want to adjust your throttle cable if you want a quicker response from your cable. all that you are doing is tightening your cable. damn..... you probably adjusted your cable tooo much. try to loosen up your cable and try again.
          The beginning of a new era............................
          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

the way it effects gas mileage is if you do a lot of city driving... if you set it to idle up to high, it is burning that much more gas when you are just sitting there. It prolly wont make tooo much of a difference, but im sure its notable.

Comment

Working...
            X