very very low idle speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very very low idle speed

Ok i have a 92 accord and when i come to a complete stop my rpms drop all the way down to 200-400 rpms and i get a very bad vibration and its starting to annoy the hell out of me i know that the normal idle speed is 800 rpms so i was wondering wether any one could tell me how i could get my rpms back to normal i would greatly appreciate thanx.

Adjust your fast idle valve, throttle cable and reset your ecu.
    -Jay

Comment

dont adjust ur throttle cable, adjust the throttle body screw almost under that red vacumn line first...that will raise or lower the idle then reset the ecu.

set that to about 700-800 rpm.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
        dont adjust ur throttle cable, adjust the throttle body screw almost under that red vacumn line first...that will raise or lower the idle then reset the ecu.

set that to about 700-800 rpm.
        question how do i go about reseting my ecu i know that might sound dumb but never dune it before thanx for the info

Comment

Originally posted by HACORD
          question how do i go about reseting my ecu i know that might sound dumb but never dune it before thanx for the info
          to answer that question, remove the backup fuse in your fuse box. Or you can disonnect the negitive terminal on the battery, but that will reset everything (radio settings and stuff).

I too would say just adjust the screw on the throttle body to fix the idle speed.
          2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
          JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
          My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Okay....TO RESET BASE IDLE: Warm car up to normal operating temp, unplug the IAC motor, then turn the idle screw counterclockwise to increase idle speed. Next, plug IAC back in, THEN shut off engine and pull the ECM fuse in the underhood fuse box for 10 seconds.
            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
              Okay....TO RESET BASE IDLE: Warm car up to normal operating temp, unplug the IAC motor, then turn the idle screw counterclockwise to increase idle speed. Next, plug IAC back in, THEN shut off engine and pull the ECM fuse in the underhood fuse box for 10 seconds.
              now if i go about it this way do you think it will have any affect on my gas milage

Comment

uuuuuuhhhh.....no. This is how Honda says to do it.

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Wow, I feel like a total newb here, but what and where is the IAC motor?
                  -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                    uuuuuuhhhh.....no. This is how Honda says to do it.
                    o right thanks alot man i appreciate your concern and your answers thanks alot and keep cb7 up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
                      Wow, I feel like a total newb here, but what and where is the IAC motor?
                      idle air control valve; its the little black motor mounted on the front of the intake manifold next to the PCV hose.

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

okay , so after adjusting it shoudl be 700-800 for lets say 1-2 mins? then i reset ecu right??
                        hahahahah

Comment

when you unplug ur IAC doesnt the idle just raise hella high? cause when i unplugged the hose from that VC to the IAC thats what happened.
                          92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

sorry to sound like a noob. haha. But i didn't know much about the idle screw when i went to adjust my idle so i adjusted my throttle cable. Is there a certain "spec" the cable should be at? I know that adjusting the throttle cable does affect engine rpm, but does that affect pedal feel? Is it okay that i adjusted the throttle cable and not the idle screw?
                            BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Originally posted by cokinut
                              sorry to sound like a noob. haha. But i didn't know much about the idle screw when i went to adjust my idle so i adjusted my throttle cable. Is there a certain "spec" the cable should be at? I know that adjusting the throttle cable does affect engine rpm, but does that affect pedal feel? Is it okay that i adjusted the throttle cable and not the idle screw?
                              the only problem that you will have if you adjust the throttle cable it will effect your gas milage thats what happen to me thats what i thought to but then when this guy told me that its my idle screw then i tried that and man it work liked a charm.

Comment

Working...
                              X