Redline Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redline Question

i got a 1990 accord with a 94 h22a an i want to know whats the redline people tell me its 8300 but i know the powerband isnt that high. So what is a good shift point?
    1990 Accord EX
    JDM 94 H22A

i believe the stock rev limiter is 7800 on the h22
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

i forgot to say i got a spoon chip so there isnt a redline i raced yesturday an took it to 8 it went smooth but i want to know whats the best shift point
      1990 Accord EX
      JDM 94 H22A

Comment

best thing to do is to dyno it. it will tell you when you reach max hp and max torque. shift at max. theres really no reason to rev out a piston motor too high.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Comment

Originally posted by J-Spec
          i forgot to say i got a spoon chip so there isnt a redline i raced yesturday an took it to 8 it went smooth but i want to know whats the best shift point

Shift points vary depending on your modifications. On a bone stock motor shift at about 7400-7500 on your 1-2 shift so you wont fall out of VTEC. on all your other shifts try to shift at 7200-7300. Peak power on the H22 is 7200 rpm's after that you're just reving it up.
          FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Working...
          X