vibration when braking and jerking transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vibration when braking and jerking transmission

long story short, i bought a cheap 93 accord ex automatic from a good friend of mine. he said the tranny was bad in it and sold it to me cheap i will discuss in another thread with pics of car.

anyways i drove the car for 1 and a half hour without any tranny problems what so ever...it IS a little jerky but cb7 auto trannies ARE jerky i believe...or at least the 3 last ones i drove were...

wondering if this is normal and i'm gonna be doing a fresh tranny fluid change soon to be safe along with all oil ect...

car has been sitting all winter..

another problem is when i brake the steering wheel vibrates only when i press the brake and there seems to be a little noise in the front left tire area while braking. the pedal is kinda way down too. but overall stops pretty good...i'm thinking maybe rotors? i haven't inspected nothing yet but i just wanna get an idea...

has new balljoints, tie rods (hasn't been aligned though but i wud think if this was the cause it would vibrate the whole time) and new axles.

i do have a surging idle problem when in park though...but i'm guessing it's the iacv...but ONLY in "park"

if anyone can confirm some of these problems i would apreciate it. its like my first automatic car and i'm kinda like ehh

i bought it for my mom because her durango gets horrible mpg..this thing should at least get 30mpg...
    Last edited by cvc7chris; 03-27-2010, 11:53 PM.

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Bump

Comment

sounds like 3 different problems.

1- probably a fluid problem in the tranny, check your level.
      2-rotors are warped
      3-FITV needs to be fixed. not the iac. there are many write ups on this fix.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

fitv, needs to be cleaned? i think i seen it in the cleaning the iacv diy a year or so ago...i haven't looked much into the problem yet since it's been pouring for like 2 days straight already =[

Comment

-cleaned iacv
          -tightened the little round thing on the fitv
          -checked pads and rotors (seemed okay) but found missing screw maybe?

it's got cross drilled, slotted rotors

Last edited by cvc7chris; 03-29-2010, 05:22 PM.

Comment

how are the tires? a separated tire can cause a thumping noise. Look at the tread and see how it is.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

thead is kinda weird...the fronts look like "chopped" if u know what i mean when you run your hand accross the thread, feels choppy, imma put the fronts on the back and see what that does..

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
                thead is kinda weird...the fronts look like "chopped" if u know what i mean when you run your hand accross the thread, feels choppy, imma put the fronts on the back and see what that does..
                yeah the tires are cupped out, probably from not rotating in a REALLY long time. They're basically trashed, unless you like listening to that knobby humming sound. Happens a lot on SUVs b/c they're so damn heavy. But also happens on cars if the tires aren't rotated in like oh, 20k miles.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

yeah this cars been sitting for months...

also i started having this other problem

[small]
                  it hessitates to accelearte like it will go up and down and if u FLOOR it, it will downshift and go, but at stop lights if in Drive or reverse (in gear period) (automatic) it will boggle down like it wants to turn off...

and it turns off randomly but once to the side of the road, it turns right back on and goes for a bit more..

the turning off could be the igniter but the bogging issue idk ?

it has a MSD Ignition Setup with MSD Ignition Cap which i haven't taken off..and idk if it may be old or damaged cap and rotor?
                  and a AEM fuel rail and Fuel Regulator but idk if it is a fuel issue or not
                  [/small]
                  fixeddd...

fixed...reverted all back to oem..
                  -cap -plugs -wires -rotor button and seems to be running better..i'll keep ya posted
                  Last edited by cvc7chris; 04-02-2010, 10:53 PM.

Comment

thinking about reverting everything back to oem like OEM CAP and rotor, and idk about the fuel rail since i don't have the OEM ones.

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post

soooo is it normal to have these missing bolts on the rotor? just wondering? i don't think it is right? if so where can i buy these?

Comment

Working...
                      X