Reusable Air Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reusable Air Filter

i bought a cb7 that came with an air intake and an air filter. the air filter looks like it needs to be replaced, but when i went on ebay to look at prices, it said that some were reusable. how would i know if mine is reusable, and how would i go about cleaning it??

k&n's are reususable, you can buy an air filter cleaning kit from them. Look for a dark red filter, but look for "K&N" because it could just be a knock off. My uncle tells me to reuse any filter. He just take its out and lets it soak in soapy water overnight, then puts it out to dry for a day. It seemed reasonable since the cheap ones are just a paper cloth material. But this is the really cheap way to go. Unless air filters are really rare/expensive for your car you should just go buy a new one instead of wasting your time. Then again my uncle is like a song-bird *cheep-cheap*

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

there is also AFE air filters which is a thicker medium than k & n and nice....
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
      X