balance shaft belt removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

balance shaft belt removal

i seen that someone on here took off there balance shaft belt and said that they liked it can you just take off the belt and what does it help with?

I took mine off and it didnt do much of anything. Felt like I might have got a little more pep while just driving around but no adverse affects like others say they have got from doing it (idle vibration). Other than that it didnt do much. Yes you can just take off the belt. You dont have to do nothing else. Hope that answers your question.
    How hard do you have to squeeze a baby to make baby oil?
    H23 motor-H22 trans
    Advance Auto Parts Retail Parts

Comment

i was thinking of doing this,but maybe not.
      don't like vibrations.

Comment

JUST took mine off 2 days ago. FEELS like it might accelerate a little quicker, rpms pick up a bit faster. Other than that. didnt notice anything else at all. Didnt notice any shaking.

Comment

theres plenty of threads on this...

just take it off

its previntitive maintinance and ive never noticed
          n e bad vibrations, if u do feel n e u prob need a new
          mount sumwhere

Comment

im going to put the belt back on, i hate the vibration in the gas pedal and i commute a lot. lol
            I had to take mine off because the bearing went bad in the balance shaft gear.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

whats the balance shaft for anyway?

Comment

I have the Kaizenspeed Balance Shaft Removal kit on my H22a4. Boy does it make a difference and eliminates so much weight. I recommend it...

Engine does vibrate more than normal, but it doesnt bother me. I just need to upgrade my motor mounts.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Working...
                X