Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temp raises after long idle times (not normal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

list of solutions

ok VRDrvr--when the cooling sending goes bad it usually reads false high..so change it. it a cheap part at napa or advanceautoparts. just use teflon tape on threads and screw in.

ok 91accordlx get rid of that peice of shyt o'riellys thermostat. go spend 20 bucks and get your self honda oem thermostat. try it 1st since this may be the cheaper fix.

ok shimito your problems need more clarification. sounds like fans arent coming on. which would be switch A- located on rear radiator hose( inot engine) probably bad..that controls your cooling fan. read my 1st post on more info for switches. do these step to diagnose.
    1)- turn car on--pop hood--turn on interior fan to high and hit ac button.--if both fans come on then your fans are good. if not than one fan motor is bad- or you have a bad ac diode. when you do this your bypassing thermoswichtes (different fuse circuits)
    2)-if fans turn on then--turn interior fan off and ac. fans are good. try and unplug suspected switch and use a paper clip and jump it. (switch A) if it turns on then fan switch is bad.
    3)-the coolant temp sensor located under dizzy( not temp sending switch) has nothing to do with switching fans on, rather provides ecu with engine temp to control ecu with air fuel ratios..dont believe me unplug while car is running and the fucker will stall..youll get a cel and d4 light flash.
    4)- fan timer under dash controls fans after car is turned of so it really doesnt control fans during car running.
    5)- the fan relay can be swapped for power window relay since they are same to test if fan relay is bad. (underhood fuse box)

SO LEMME KNOW BITCHES!
    Last edited by xfactortype1; 08-13-2005, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Dont jump on me im just a newbie....

You know fellas i could be wrong, and please correct me if i am. But using logic, could he have a water pump going bad??

Cause think about it, if he is sitting still the pump isnt rotating as fast. But soon as he starts moving like when he went to his buddies house, the pump was rotating faster, thus making it have enough "pump" to cool his motor??

Comment

EDIT:He didnt post anything he found yet. If the pump were going bad, he would be able to open the radiator with the car on and see how slow the coolant is flowing.
        Last edited by KillerCam282; 08-14-2005, 02:25 PM.

Comment

ohhh ok...

Ohhh ok thanx, i didnt know that.....im taking notes, lerning newbie here.

Comment

What would be the first thing to check if the driver side fan is not comming on in a 93 Accord? My passenger side ( assuming the A/C fan) kicks on and off.. but the driver is not.. would the motor be bad or the sensor first? FWIW my Temp gauge still reads correctly...
            1993 Accord LX 2dr 5 speed.. stock

1999 Pewter Formula T56 Spec Stage 3i , Free cold air, Holley Powershot,
            Whisper lid, smooth bellows, TSP Rumbler cat-back, MAC mids
            319.3 RWTQ @4100
            305.6 RWHP @5400
            (stock dyno)

Comment

turn on interior fan and a/c button..when you do this your bypassing the thermoswitches..if fan turns on..then motor is good..and suspect fan relay.or thermoswitch A

Comment

Oay I keep finding different information... some say the driver fan is the main some say it is the A/C motor because it is the flat one... the passenger side fan comes on/off with the A/C in my car the driver side does nothing so far
                1993 Accord LX 2dr 5 speed.. stock

1999 Pewter Formula T56 Spec Stage 3i , Free cold air, Holley Powershot,
                Whisper lid, smooth bellows, TSP Rumbler cat-back, MAC mids
                319.3 RWTQ @4100
                305.6 RWHP @5400
                (stock dyno)

Comment

a/c condensor fan is passenger side of car. driver is cooling fan. to definately determine if the fan and motor is bad. unplug it ans jump with wires directly to battery. if fan comes on its good. if not then you got a bad thermoswitch a or bad fan relay, or worse a short somewhere..just be sure to make sure you have enough coolant and no leaks..dont wanna rule out stupid stuff that gets overlooked alot.

Comment

Stupid Question

I realised that my fans are not working cuz i got the same problem, engine starts to overheat when im parked after driving for a while, wat kinda wires do you use to connect the fans straight to the battery ??

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X