Wet carper under the dash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet carper under the dash?

I have this problem in both of my accords. The carpet underneath the dash on the driver's side is wet after it rains. There's no signs of water dripping from the dash itself. Where could this be coming from? I have a power wire ran on my sedan but that's on the passenger side and the hole is pretty tight, on the firewall, and the hood is covering it anyways lol. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. I've made a point to go out and check in the middle of it raining but can't seem to find a solution.

Check the drainage holes for the undercowl area (the louvered part and right in front of it.) When you choose the fresh air option on the HVAC controls, it pulls air from there. If the drainage holes are blocked with debris, it could be backing up and leaking into the car through the fresh air intake for the cabin.

Comment

the weather stripping on my door was bad where the door frame meets the chassis
      it is most likely this

when it rained my car would leak water down the rubber stripping and into the car where the curved piece of plastic meets the front of the door at the bottom had to take all my carpet out to find the leak
      ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll definitely be looking into this sometime this weekend if I don't have to work.

Comment

Working...
        X