Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neeed Help Major Shaking Prob Uner Acceleration!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neeed Help Major Shaking Prob Uner Acceleration!!

HEY I GOT A MOJOR PROB MY CB7(FAIRLY NEW W/ONLY 55,000 MILES) SHAKES LIKE SOMETHING ELSE UNDER HARD ACCELERATION AND ABOVE 70 MPH IVE BEEN RACKING MY BRAIN AND CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS IF NEONE HAS ANY IDEAS LEMME KNOW PLEASE!!!

aim: crxruler feel free netime
    lemme kno too if u wanna nextel it up

Reallly bad alignment id say. or wheels not balenced correcty

Comment

i dunno the wheels r after market and they were balanced from tire rack mabye i should check em

Comment

I had the same problem when I got my rims and tires, I put them on and the car drove fine until I took it up to 70 then the car acted like yours. Turns out they were 2oz out of balance each tire, luckily the guy at STS felt bad I just spent all this money on my new rims and re-balanced all 4 rims for free .

Comment

anything strange at idle or revving in neutral
          ?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

My old car did this. Unfortunately I never got it fixed before I sold it. I would say wheels are off balance and need rotation and alignment. Also check your end link bushings. I'm not sure if that would cause a vibration, but I know my old car had no end link bushings.
            Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
            D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
            ┴─┴
            ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

probably not alignment, my guess would be they need to be rotated.

Comment

if wat u say is true then i kno my prob cause i did the two front wheels and they were both out by .25oz and my teacher said that u wouldnt notcie that little so now im gunna spend whatever time it takes amd make em perfect thanks it was really bugging me

Comment

you definetley need to get it fixed, with un aligned tires the tread will run down FAST!!!!! haha i drove about 40 miles at 60mph to go rock climbing once, and when i go to my destination, then when i got there my tires were chewed up so much the metal stuff was sticking out..

Comment

C V A X L E S!!!!!!!

PURCHASED NOVEMBER 1991. THAT'S RIGHT, I'M THE ONE AND ONLY OWNER. BEAT THAT!

Comment

shake

Originally posted by r1emperor
                      C V A X L E S!!!!!!!

It is possiable if abn auto its th trans and it has happened to many cars the torque converters mess up and cause it but if not an auto then i agree with r1emporer or possiable its the balance but iit should do it at a consant speed even if you can only feel it very little in the steering wheel

Comment

shake2

sorry type-o its possiablly the cv-joints or tire& wheel balance

Comment

So from what I understand it's most likely the tires being out of balance or misaligned? I really hope it isn't my CVs.....that'd suck balls. :thumbsdow

My car does something very similar to this too. It hardly EVER does it around town when I don't really go over 40 mph TOPS, but once I get on the interstate it starts shakin like no other. It's a steady shaking and I know it's not my engine because I can rev it and everything's fine there.

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
                          2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

so yea it wasnt the wheels cause i balanced em and the same thing so my next point of attack is cv's ill post what happenes once i get it done...if it ever stops snowing

Comment

I ordered some sway bar end link and bushing kits. I'm hoping that this is the problem. I remember last year around this time when my car started doing something similar...and my end linkbushings have needed replacing since I got the car almost 2 years ago. *crossing fingers*

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
                              2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

Working...
                              X