Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JDM H22 with Accord A6 trans ( traction issue? )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM H22 with Accord A6 trans ( traction issue? )

Ok so I drive a 90 accord, with a JDM H22 that came out of a SIR accord from japan.

The trans is out of a 93 SE Accord.

The clutch is from oriley. Just some oem chunk of junk.

Ok, here is my problem. When ever I try to wind her out in 1st, I loose traction. It has solid pull up to about 5K then right after that the tach just winds out to 7K and all I do is spin my tires. It's like I cant plant the 5.5 to 7.5K, I dnt hear any sqealling of the tires, but it does seem like its all over the place. So i dnt think it would be the clutch slippin, I dnt get no weird smells

Just wondering is this normal... The suspention on my car is shot, could that be contributing to it?

Or does it sound like a clutch issue. allt he rest of the gears are fine in this region.
    My System
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

If you dont hear/smell tires i would look at your clutch... But if thats slipping then it would stink as well...

Any Wierd clicking or noises??

Click it.... You know you wanna
    Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

It cant be out of an SE Accord. They only came in Auto. EX would be yours...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

If it would be the clutch the same thing should happen in any gear.. correct me if I'm wrong

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

If your suspension is shot, then chances are, that is where your problem lies. You have more power, and bad suspension. "Wheel hop" could be making a contribution to your loss of traction. Check your struts, control arms, ball joints, motor mounts, and get these things replaced. Suspension is one of those things that many people overlook, when in reality, your life is riding on it, literally.
          R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
            It cant be out of an SE Accord. They only came in Auto. EX would be yours...
            hmm, all i know is that it came from my buddys 93 accord and it had an A6 engine and was a 5spd. He went h22 with h22 trans so I nabbed his up...
            My System

Comment

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
              If you dont hear/smell tires i would look at your clutch... But if thats slipping then it would stink as well...

Any Wierd clicking or noises??
              negative...
              My System

Comment

gusse it's time for susp, h22 trans with lsd, and a good clutch I miss my stage 3
                My System

Comment

I would start with suspension...

Clutch would stink if that was your issue... and id expect some noise if the tranny was the issue

Click it.... You know you wanna
                  Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

I'd say the suspension is contributing to it in some way.
                    However, What are your tires like?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                      I'd say the suspension is contributing to it in some way.
                      However, What are your tires like?
                      Well rubbers have seen better days I boguht them used off a freind. they still ahve some tread left but they slip really badly in the snow and when it;s wet... I gusse thats true for all tires tho.
                      My System

Comment

Change the tires.

I was having the same issue with my Potenzas. They still had tread left before the wear indicator, but in first at WOT, they broke loose above 4000 rpms. They slipped so bad in the rain and snow that I worried about it.
                        I just bought four new Barum Bravuris 2s in 195.60.15 with unlimited lifetime replacement and all that crap for $326 from Discount Tire. Free rotations and all the jazz. There is a significant difference in traction all the way across the board. It's like a different car.

Comment

vtec kickin strong enoughfor you to lose traction?
                          -Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by tm123 View Post
                            vtec kickin strong enoughfor you to lose traction?
                            I gusse i thought vtec was 5.5k. this occurs right around 5k.
                            My System

Comment

Dirt cheap tires is what it is

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X