front brakes sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front brakes sticking

ok the front left brake is sticking really bad so i put a new caliper on it and the problem is still there. i have bled the brakes, made sure it has enough fluid, put a new caliper on, and checked all hoses and every checks out fine. when i drive the car the rotor is literaly glowing red from the pads draging on them and that is just driving about 1 mile. do u guys think it could be the master cylinder or what? please help!
    kyle turner
    [img]june21004[img]

could be the lines. on another vehicle my parents had. the rubber hose going to the caliper tore apart on the inside. and it blocked the fluid from coming back.

Comment

do u guys think it could be a metering vavle
      kyle turner
      [img]june21004[img]

Comment

if it's glowing red that means fluid ain't getting to it? means its SIZZLING, i d k, just a thought as i am a noob.

i just wanted to ask for how you completedly drained and flush your brake system? i did a search. does your car have to be on when you bleed, refill? (2 party person)
        alos which size tube did you find that worked?

thanks sorry to hi jack...
        hahahahah

Comment

my brakes were also sticking and i switched out the brake pads because the shims were sticking to the rotor. however expect the squeking for at least a month while the pads get broken in

Comment

check lines
            machine rotors if needed and the scuf them with sandpaper
            pads make sure the slides are lubercated and if u dont have the slides then get some that willmake them stick

(\__/)
            (O.o )
            (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

hence the change necessary... i know shims aren't supposed to be touching the rotor... but it was causing them to squel like crazy...

Comment

Working...
              X