No announcement yet.

ATF/MTF replacement myth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never listen to the guys at parts stores. they try to blend the technology of american cars and foreign cars together like it's all the same thing. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

It doesn't take all that much intelligence to turn a wrench. I know some EXTREMELY intelligent mechanics. I also know so total morons. Thanks to this site, I know plenty of guys that have never earned a dime turning a wrench, but know cars (at least this specific one) better than many professionals.

As said above, fluid changes are VERY important. Oil breaks down over time, and it gets contaminated.

A flush can be bad, especially on an older, worn transmission. Not that it's really bad... but it can loosen up deposits that the transmission has come to depend on.
      I usually compare it to running synthetic oil in an engine with a small oil leak. You'll lose more oil with the thinner synthetic, even though it's supposed to be better. The oil isn't the problem, but the machine that it goes into is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
        A guy at autozone told me I didn't want to remove all my spark plug wires at the same time. When I asked him "why, I know the fireing order?", he said, its not that, its the routing of the wires....and you should only do that when pulling the entire motor...

Oh and he knew it was a honda...

People make my brain hurt.

EDIT: Oh and a guy at schucks told me that a plugs heat range has no affect on idle or cold start. I said I was pretty sure it did, and he replied, "kid I have been doing this since before you were born." And in my mind I went, yep, and look how far you made it.
        do you know how to find number one is on the cap?
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
        X