broke something in suspension :( help plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broke something in suspension :( help plz

hey im having a problem with something in my suspension. i drove my car to new york few days ago and on my way back i hit a pot hole (wasnt a killer pothole but it did hit hard) day after the driver side front wheel started making a scraping, clunking noise when i would apply little preasure to brakes, i looked around and everything was in order so just to be safe i sprayed little brake parts cleaner and it quiet things up. Now today something deffinetly broke, its making the same noise only louder and its non-stop only when its at complete stop is it quiet or when i apply full preasure to brake. At first i thought my muffler fell off but thats on , i did noticed a few weeks ago when i was putting my exhaust that there was alot of grease around the axels on the transmission side, i checked the boots but they where good. Anyone has any idea what it could be?? im gonna try to use my brother phone to upload a video on youtube later on today. Thanx for the help

SIDE NOTE: ABS light been on since i got car and since summer whenever i go in reverse fast (not really fast just like 5-10mph) the same wheel would make a clunk noise and lock up.

Oh and i know this isnt thread for this but if you happen to have a set of fullcoilovers pm me

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

I would jack up the side of the car and have a GOOD look around. Also check tie rods, ball joints, and wheel bearings. Just grab the wheel/tire at the top and bottom (12 o'clock and 6 o'clock position) and move it in and out. Then grab the wheel/tire on the left and right (9 o'clock and 3 o'clock position) and check for looseness and play.

If you are hearing a noise while moving and it could be wheel bearings, worn pads, axle issue, etc.

Comment

check your brakes, could be a possibility because when pads are gone they sounded this way on my car. on a side note, when I read break parts cleaner I smelt it. hahah.
      Originally posted by scudweiser
      once again people, need i remind you that there is no road between the kitchen and the bedroom, and therefore women need not drive?

Comment

oh also forgot to mention, i just installed new slotted rotors, wheel bearing, and brake pads, had the machine shop press them in...immma see if i go out and jack the car, kinda cold and theres snow on the ground so dont feel like working, i might just let her sit and think about what she has done lol i swear cars can tell when u have extra money one you, thats when they like to break out of nowhere

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Did the problem exist before the bearing/rotor replacement or did it start afterwards?
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

well the going in reverse problem was before, the noise started today and i just fixed the problem. had my brother move the car and i stood outside looking for the origins of the noise and found out it was the rear driver wheel. took the wheel off to find that the bolts on the caliper were missing. this second time this happends on same wheel

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
              well the going in reverse problem was before, the noise started today and i just fixed the problem. had my brother move the car and i stood outside looking for the origins of the noise and found out it was the rear driver wheel. took the wheel off to find that the bolts on the caliper were missing. this second time this happends on same wheel
              Glad you found the problem, you need to put caliper bolts on with red thread locker.
              My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

i fixed that problem but the front wheel makes like a clicking noise when i begin to press the brakes....i have new bearing, rotors, and pads....what could it be?

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                  i fixed that problem but the front wheel makes like a clicking noise when i begin to press the brakes....i have new bearing, rotors, and pads....what could it be?
                  calipers? mine were making a weird sound like that till i rebuilt them.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                    Glad you found the problem, you need to put caliper bolts on with red thread locker.
                    Red? Don't u mean blue? Red thread locker is the permanent lock isn't it???

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Could be possible you have a Hub/Wheel bearing problem.

The shop either didnt press them in the right way, or you fucked it up when you hit that pothole.

If you still cant find whats wrong with it, just take it to the dealer.

They might only charge you half an hour diag to find out whats wrong.

Comment

red threadlock should still be fine. it wont neccessarily make it permanant..it will just be harder to take off....use a small amount and it will go along way especially just a wee lil dab
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

Working...
                        X