No announcement yet.

civic radiator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When looking inside a radiator you will see rows that the coolent flows down through. There can either be 1, 2 or 3 rows of them. There is no way to tell with out looking inside.

I have seen single cores that are thicker than a duel core. The flow on the big single was faster (less restricted) so the heat exchange process was not as good as the smaller dual. Also on a dual the coolant also has more contact with the metal so the heat transfers out better and gets pulled off by the passing air.

Comment

Why do you want a half rad? What's wrong with the OEM one? If you really want a half rad, I use one on my car, it's the 38mm Fluidyne Civic rad with a high performance Spal fan. I have no problems now that I have this combination.

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
        I think there is a company by ther name of mishimoto that makes a dual core single radiator that is a half size(CIVIC) radiator. If not go with the tride and true Fluidyne.

Also go with a flex-a-lite fan since you are going to go with the half size radiator. If you don't want to invest in the product thats going to prolong your investment go to the JY and pull a fan off of a civic...
        Yes, Mishimoto do make good dual core half-size 92-00 Civic Radiators
        Built & Boosted.

Comment

or get an uber rare dual core 3/4 radiator C&R with a spal fan. Proud owner of 1 of only 150 made.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

i just want one cause i think it cleans up the engine bay

h22a4+p2u5 trans+8000rpm= 135mph in 4 gear

Comment

Working...
            X