Need help. Alarm w/Autostart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help. Alarm w/Autostart

Hi there, I am having trouble with this Code Alarm's 2 ways pager alarm w/Autostart. The Autostart function just won't work when the temperature is cold, below 0'C. I had replaced the alarm unit already, and same thing happened, so I don't think it is a bad unit. I can do Autostart when the weather is warm, so I don't think it is the wiring. On the other side, I can start the car with the key no problem in any weather condition, so it is not the car itself.
    What I see/hear when I activate the Autostart is that the light on the dash go on, the fuel pump start running, and then I hear a "click" sound under the hood somewhere, and that is it.
    If the problem is not the alarm unit, not the wiring, not the car it-self, what could it be?
    *90 Accord Coupe*

Anyone can help?
    *90 Accord Coupe*

Comment

I take it that you have an automatic? Just making sure...

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
      2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

No, mine is a standard. I have the alarm installed for about 1 year, and it works find in the warmer days.
        *90 Accord Coupe*

Comment

check all ign wires cold start solinoid is link to acc &ign 2 wires they must see power at start and run

Comment

hmm well like right after reading this thread, my remote start started acting up. Works fine until the cabin warms up.... then i hit the start button, just as the engine catches it switches the ignition off. Stays running if i put the key in it and click it to ignition. pisses me off. I did a diagnoistic code check on my viper and it seems to be getting 12v signal from the brake switch. i dono. my car is also a manual.
            Seattle Silver crew #5
            Member of the Midwest Car Club.
            ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Make sure your using the tach wire which is blue and program the alarm for tach sense not voltage sense

Comment

Originally posted by AirRide Accord
                Make sure your using the tach wire which is blue and program the alarm for tach sense not voltage sense
                This might be the answer! I will hook up a new wire and give it a test tomorrow. Hopefully it will work.

Thanks AirRide Accord for such a great tip.
                *90 Accord Coupe*

Comment

Air ride accord is right

but if it doesnt work make sure you enable the temperature auto start option in the setup programming that and the time start are disbled as factory settings.

Comment

Originally posted by AirRide Accord
                    i had to go somewhere else cause that wire wasnt reading right, so i went to the gray connector by the fuse box...

also you can have a timer on your alarm. basically it will allow the car to stasrt for about 3 seconds and if it dont then it wont start so you can reset that up, if you can zero tach your alarm and see if it works that way.

also id check the connections, i always solder them.

i have a clifford rs3.5 in mine now, love it...got turbo timmer and everything...homie hookup...same thing as viper =)
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

ok man. the problem is that you probably did not hook up the tach wire of the alarm so when its cranking ur car its not doing it long enough for it to start on a cold day, it happens with my Autopage once in a while. there are ways to program ur alarm crank for a little longer or u have to hook up that tach wire. hope this helps.
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Working...
                      X