How loud will No Cat Be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How loud will No Cat Be?

Im thinkin about removing my cat myself. i heard if gives like 10 extra horsepower. If i just took it out and banged all the stuff inside of it out(is it that easy) then how loud is it gonna sound. I want it to sound good but not ricey or annoying loud. any thoughts?
    ]

I replaced mine with a piece of test pipe. It's obnoxiously loud, even with the windows rolled up, and even worse with them down. And if you really stand on it, it's beyond belief. Besides that, you'll lose some bottom end torque. I'm already looking to put a new cat in again, just to quiet it down. And picking the torque up again will be a bonus.

Comment

Removing the functionality of the cat or using a test pipe will result in a louder exhaust tone and also increased raspiness within a certain rpm range, for most exhaust systems.

Go with a tested real high flow cat, which some R&D has been done on. That will also help with the low end torque.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

i jut bought a Hi flow cat from dr love....ill tell you how it sounds when i get it put on....i also orders some new 4-2-1 headers to go with the hi flow cat....

Comment

the whole bottom end of my stock muffler is rusted throuh now that is loud i set off every alarm in a 30 foot radius

1966 Chevy Nova
          1974 Super Beetle
          2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
          2004 Honda Element
          2004 Honda Ruckus
          2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
          www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

Don't gut the cat..you'll screw up the exhaust pulse and create turbulence...Either buy a high flow or a test pipe

Comment

Dont do the "test pipe" thing...I did and not even a month later I got a new high flow cat to replace it. The slim gains, if any, wasnt worth it. The sound is just ungodly annoying...

Jay
              Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by 91AccordLX
                i jut bought a Hi flow cat from dr love....ill tell you how it sounds when i get it put on....i also orders some new 4-2-1 headers to go with the hi flow cat....
                here ya go man. this is a clip of my car with a apexi ws1 catback and that highflow cat on.

vid coutesy of prez808... thanks

http://www.strodda.com/shit/apexWS1&hiflowcat.avi
                its what sex should sound like

... just gotta find me a bitch with vtec

Comment

yes,

removing the cat would be a bad idea. First off, honda rely on backpressure for most of their low-end torque. Second, it will be god aweful loud.

Do what palinix said, get a high flow cat.

You and your neighbors will be much happier
                  2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                  JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                  My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Working...
                  X