Rear defroster not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear defroster not working

whats good? well my rear defroster is not working the clips are connected, i put in a different switch, and i changed the fuse under the hood and steering wheel... the lines on the window are good but for some reason its still not working...also my ciggarete lighter is not working i replaced the whole thing an fuses....could this be a wiring problem thats causing these two objects not to work....your help is appreciated...thanks

do a search i know for a fact that they already have a thread on this topic with many suggestions. for the cig lighter you need to take it out and make sure that its screwed in all the way properly. that was my issue and mostly everyones who has had this common problem. as far as the rear defrost i have that issue as well. when i push the switch i can hear the relay click on but the rear glass never heats up. like i said use the search for the thread on this topic.
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

use a multimeter on each end of the rear glass electrical connectors and check for continuity.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

The icu controls the rear defrost. Im sure your door chime might not work along with the corner lights. Its a 3x2" box located on the interior fuse block and is usually brown or black and has a green connector. Now go to the junkyard and pocket about 2 of these in case one doesnt work or the first one you grab goes bad later on. YANK it out and replace it then the defrost should work. There is no need to waste time with the multimeter unless the ICU doesnt solve it which im 90% sure it will fix it.

Comment

Working...
        X