BRAKE LAMP light on HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BRAKE LAMP light on HELP

the red light under the little door status window on my gauge cluster went on. it says brake lamp in red and i checked my brake lights and they all work. what the hell happened?

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

FLUIDS !!!!!!!!!!!!
    ck brake fluid, i didn't know but top it off or something, MAKE SURE your using a sealed NEW bottle and the correct one.

it could be a sign your pads are fading..
    hahahahah

Comment

that used to happen to me, my lamps were working fine.. it's just that water got inside the tail light and caused the "brake lamp" in the cluster guage to light up.. you can also check the brake fluid in the master cylinder like Fishy said..

you'll know when you need new pads is when everytime you brake, you hear a loud screeching noise.

Comment

ehhh, sometimes that screeching sound isnt that your pads are dead, sometimes they're just too smooth or something... mine still squeek, and they're brand new...

check the fluid and that both filiments of the rear bulbs work..
        --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Heh..I was just gonna post this too.

I recently put aftermarket tail lights in my car, and once I had them in I started to drive and the brake lamp light came on. I know what to check now. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
          X