anyone know about ebay headers are they good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know about ebay headers are they good

i need to know about ebay header for 90-93 accord if anyone has installed them please tell if any check engine lights come on or if it accually increases any hp or more airflow how many hp does it add and any thing i sshould look for before buying like o2 sensor and what ever any mods that i need to make

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Don't puss out man, go with DC. I put mine on over a year ago and it was the sweetest upgrade I ever did. My second gear scratch is about 3 times as long as it was with out it. I got my DC for about 275 too.

Comment

haha..everyone doesnt freekin have $300 bucks to fork out...i myself are looking at ebay headers, they wont be much different then DC sports...its kind of like The AEM CAI Vs. ebay CAI...basically same thing..paying for brand.

Comment

I have to disagree with you on that one..don't go cheap..buy a proven brand name header....

Comment

agreed. headers be mucho important. a lot more presice engineering and math in a header than an intake. hence i got me a jasma approved header
          MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
          i pulled over and looked under the hood.
          the engine was still there...
          ...silly light!

Comment

True....we spent many hours desiging our race headers via CAD and protype testings. If you have the wrong design, you will actually decrease your power output....

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
              True....we spent many hours desiging our race headers via CAD and protype testings. If you have the wrong design, you will actually decrease your power output....
              yea thats true. but when it comes to a f22 header, your not going to make much anyways. anything is better than that bulky cast manifold. i had some ebay shit for over a year. worked out great, never cracked or anything like that. i only got rid of it cause i swapped.

Comment

there is nothing wrong with an ebay header. my question is that will there be a provision for the o2 sensor? how about its location? remember DX/LX and EX/SE differ in o2 sensor locations, although you can just simply lengthen the wires to make it work. for me i'd rather not ruin the integrity of the stock wiring. most likey the ebay headers are designed after a name brand verion just like intakes, as stated above. they just don't have the name, quality, and most of the time lack the CARB certification that adds $ to the name brand versions (although jasma lack the CARB # but still proves to be a quality product). the lesson i would conlude is this: you get what you pay for.
                1cor10:31
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

the ebay headers have utilize both the dx/lx and ex/se o2 sensor locations...i think they give you a plug to plug up the unused sensor location....but yeah im sure ebay headers are better than stock. my stock headers are cracked, so i need some new ones anyway...so im gonna just pay 115 for some "cheap" headers...and btw while on the subject,..im looking at an ebay hi-flow cat converter..what do you guys think of that?

Comment

for a cat, DEFINITELY dont go el-cheapo... A) you wont pass emissions with it, and B) it'll blow out in no time. spend the dough and get a Carsound or something
                    MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
                    i pulled over and looked under the hood.
                    the engine was still there...
                    ...silly light!

Comment

hmm..we dont haev car inspections where i live......the cat is like 50 bucks total...isnt there a way to check if the stock cat is gone? dont oyu like tap it and if its hollow that means its bad?

Comment

i have a ebay cat and i passed emistions on my car i got mine from evovector great guy and company have bought alot of stuff from him off ebay and the chrome look still did not rust 2 yrs later

(\__/)
                        (O.o )
                        (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

There is mixed reviews on the beay headers, some get good ones some get bad ones, the bad ones the flange that goes up against the head is warped. Also the Sellers dont know SHIT! about their products so dont go asking if they will fit so and so, ask for a part number and research it your self.
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

If you have an lx or dx, the ebay ones will prolly give you more power, since they are designed like the ex/se header. lx/dx have 4-1 header, ex/se being 4-2-1. So if you have the ex or se, you are just paying for the polished look, and will quite possibly lose power.

as far as the o2 sensor, they usually come w/both, and a plug for one position. If they dont, many advertise that they come w/wiring that plugs into the end to extend the wires.

As far as cheapie cat's... they really dont matter if you dont have emissions. But putting one on will possibly make the exhaust have an annoying rattle sometimes, it did on mine. It would be cheaper just to get a test pipe with flanges, since its the same thing.

Comment

they do sell some real cat converters on ebay, but im assuming if youre talking about a hiflow cat... all it is, is a resonator

if it looks like this

then inside it probably looks like this...

but if dont ever have to worry about smog, itll actually flow better than a real cat.

Comment

Working...
                              X