bent valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bent valve

so bent a valve, prob gonna do some head work what do you guys recommend in the way of new valves, springs, etc.

i think it would b cheaper if u go to a junkyard and get a head or u could rebuild ur head with new valves, springs, etc

Comment

but i think if u go to the junkyard will cheaper

Comment

Well if you want to build a strong head:
        http://www.f22parts.com/parts_page_cylinderhead.htm

http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?...Path=3_9_19_36

Me personally, I would just go port and polish a known good head and maybe throw a performance cam in it.
        RoaR MRT

Comment

that all sounds good, don't rellay want to go j/y route. also i'm running an dohc f22b. looking to do this right so don't mind spending a little money

Comment

you in the same boat i am in dude, sucks, my car has been sitting for 7 months, im waiting for taxes and im going to rebuild my entire engine, i also have a f22b jdm.

Comment

you can always modify the stock valve, remachine and backcut 35 dergee.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yeah it sucks i'm just going to rebuild the head this time tho. and wed what are the advantages of this over buying aftermarket valves, and i don't know alot about headwork, what is the advantage of a backcut

Comment

so far it looks like i will be going with bisi valve springs, stock retainers, bisi stage 1 camshafts, new valve guides from bisi, prob go ahead and get bisi heat sheilding manifold gasket while its apart, not sure on valves yet, don't know if i should use stock or not

Comment

it's cheaper by about half, will flow pretty well because you lap each valve and backcut each valve to each seat. it's like honing each cylinder to each piston (that's if the pistons are different and nowadays they are not for quality forged)

the aftermarkets are usually lighter, you can opt for a flat face which will increase compression, undercut stem improves flow, swirl polished and sometimes even come coated. (the supertech's do at least)

it all comes down to money but if you are upgrading the springs and guides, you might as well put in aftermarket valves.

im not sure what type of engine you're talking about though because i only kinda see the flat faced valves for vtec applications.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

i am running a dohc f22b non vtec

Comment

oh thats right, i cant read worth a shit. supertech makes a good valve for the h23...ive used them before.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

sounds good i'll look into it. thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X