Leaking tranny fluid *HELP*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking tranny fluid *HELP*

So, today I was done opening presents and whatnot, had some down time and figured it'd be a good time to do an oil change since the car started sounding like it needed one. So, i get out, pull it up on the ramps, only to find a red liquid dripping from my car. it's not a real bad leak, but still, a leak nonetheless. It's dripping pretty much from right underneth the header. I searched and searched to find where it was leaking from, and i found a hose that looks like it was leaking at one of the joints. It's cold as hell, and getting dark so I'm not starting any projects right now, because it looks like i need to take out my ps pump, alternator, and airconditioning unit in order to get to the hose. I just want to find out what the hell this hose is. It looks like it's a hose running transmission fluid into the radiator to be cooled. Maybe I can just pull my radiator, that's got a little leak as it is, it could probably be replaced too..

This is a picture of the hose, at the end that it's not leaking from. It's leaking from the end that's underneth the airconditioning unit.

This is where it connects to the tranny.

any help is greatly appreciated. I just want to find out what this hose is... I'm planning on replacing the radiator in the next few days, and fixing this probelm, i just want to know what the hell this thing is..

damn car... if it's not one thing, it's another..

thanks guys..
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

its the tranny cooler hoze. u don't have to disconect the ps and altenator. just got to remove the right fan. no biggy. but check ur tranny oil all the time till u replace that hoze.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

yeah, it'll be real easy. Its pretty much just like a radiator hose, its just transporting the tranny fluid. You can prolly take off that hose, take it to an auto parts store, and just use fuel line, its the same thing, and will work just fine.

Although if its just leaking from the end, try to tighten up the connector, it might just be loose.

And like alb accord said, make sure to check the fluid level after you are done to make sure that it is at a good level.

Comment

thanks guys... much appreciated... i'm in the middle of swapping the radiator out right now. taking a break cuz it's freezing in my garage.. it seems like it was leaking from the actual radiator, not the hose. plus, it was cracked at the top and leaking, you can see that in the bottom of the second picture.... i tried jbwelding it, but that didnt hold for more then 10 mins..

btw.. when i did that oil change, i found that i've got the whole oil cooler system that a lot of the jdm engines have, and i think the h22's have it too... suprised the hell out of me when i saw a 2 inch extention sticking out of the block where the oil filter goes...
        --JDM F22A--

Comment

all done with the radiator install..... no more leak..

sweet..
          --JDM F22A--

Comment

Working...
          X