Sprung an oil leak this morning (h22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprung an oil leak this morning (h22)

Merry christmas everyone. I was driving home from my girls house this morning and my oil pressure light came on. I pulled over to a gas station and when I rolled in I saw a small trail of oil to where I was parked. I added 4 qts and drove home (2 blocks). Its still leaking though, there's a little puddle under the car. I didn't hit anything that I know of. So I jacked it up and sprayed brake cleaner under the car cause oil was everywhere. Then I started it up and ran it for 10 seconds.. I jumped under the car and oil was either coming from the oil filter or somewhere above it.

Now I'm wondering... cause I took off the filter and checked for leaks and cracks. I didn't see any. The oil pressure switch is under the oil filter I think,,, right? So what else could it be that's directly above the oil filter? Anything? I can't get an oil filter today so I wanted to see what else it could be so I can be ready to tackle it when an oil filter is available.

Btw those of u thinking I should use my old oil filter I sprayed thru it with a hose to check for leaks.. but plz someone help!

Either oil sending unit or maybe oil filter housing o-ring. Check both, that may help.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

^ my thoughts exactly

94 Accord Wagon EX-R/H22A 5 speed
      91 Accord Wagon EX-R/ F22A6 5 speed
      93 Accord Wagon EX/ F22A4
      91 Accord Sedan EX/ F22A4 5 speed
      94 Accord Sedan EX-R/ F22b1 5 speed
      94 Accord Sedan EX-R/ F22b1

Comment

Wow....here's a name i havent heard or seen in a long time...

Im with straight, sounds like a sending unit.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

oil filter 0-ring i guarantee 10$ part at honda. i had the same thing happen luckly i constantly check my oil and i was only low 1 qt.
          it wouldnt be the sender unit cause ur actually LOOSing oil. the sender might just throw you a false low oil reading. im sure ur only loosing when u turn ur car on and if u look under then u can see the oil flowing.
          Last edited by xkjnboix; 12-26-2009, 12:55 AM.
          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

my oil sending unit leaked onto my headers. and its located above the filter.

Comment

H22 has an Oil cooler
              The oil cooler is bolted to the block, which the oil filter screws onto.
              Sandwiched between the block and oil cooler is an O-Ring.
              This is a very common failed part. (the one on my H22 is failing slowly)
              It requires a 27mm socket (I think) to get the oil filter screw off.
              Then the oil cooler falls off and you can replace the O-ring, now is also a great time to replace the oil cooler...coolant lines aswell.

When you look under the car it just looks like the oil filter gasket is failed, but its really this O-ring. (I talk to dealerships)
              Your man for wiring solutions!
              CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
              CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I had to comment. I just did this repair to the neighbors Prelude. It was a PITA, but it is done. I went to Oreillys and autozone to get the gasket for the oil cooler. They both said they had nothing in the computers for an oilcooler on a Prelude??? Either way, I got an O ring that matched in size and its good to go. I also did the VC gasket and plug gromets while I was at it. The gaskets were broken and brittle. Worst I have ever seen and its a 98. Ok thats all I got...lol

Comment

Working...
                X